• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby sajungzak » June 15th, 2017, 11:11 pm

aaronAGN wrote:What's the difference between the US and UK versions??

Here's a thread on that:
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2721&hilit=Rules+comparison
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » July 5th, 2017, 6:14 am

j_dean80 wrote:I have 1 complete U.S. version plus Kellar's Keep and RotWL all from my childhood. We ordered Elf pack and Barbarian pack and got a letter in return saying there was not enough interest and they cancelled production. :( Since then I have acquired 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Sorcerer, 1 Dragonstrike Dragon, 2 Bookcases, 1 Alchemist Bench, 1 Rack, and 1 Chaos Dwarf from Talisman. Still hoping for the rest of the expansions plus another base game. My base game was in great condition until a few weeks ago my 3 yr old decided to step on the box and now it has a side rip.

I know the feeling. link.

j_dean80 wrote:I added the elf pack, barbarian pack, against the ogre horde, wizards of morcar, advanced quest UK set, 2 more extra game boards, lots of monsters/furniture/doors. Trying to do Dark Company with the 4 boards (takes a ton of doors). Added some new specialty monsters for my Jungle quest book.

How about this Rick Grayson art for the cover?

Araigne wrote: . . I started my collection with the UK base game in probably around 2010/2011 when I was living in Australia. . . . I believe I got WoM for $100 AUD with shipping thanks to some of my friends who had moved to England.
I moved to America and decided I would get the American expansions too, and found someone selling the Barbarian and Elf quest packs for a steal at $110 USD and $90 USD respectively off of kijiji. . . .
. . . I then moved to Japan, and I just recently purchased a third one on behalf of a friend a couple weeks ago for roughly $200 AUD. The Japanese ones are all still on sprues and unused. . . .

You still need to move to Brazil. ;)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 5th, 2017, 7:33 am

Daedalus wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:I have 1 complete U.S. version plus Kellar's Keep and RotWL all from my childhood. We ordered Elf pack and Barbarian pack and got a letter in return saying there was not enough interest and they cancelled production. :( Since then I have acquired 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Sorcerer, 1 Dragonstrike Dragon, 2 Bookcases, 1 Alchemist Bench, 1 Rack, and 1 Chaos Dwarf from Talisman. Still hoping for the rest of the expansions plus another base game. My base game was in great condition until a few weeks ago my 3 yr old decided to step on the box and now it has a side rip.

I know the feeling. link.

j_dean80 wrote:I added the elf pack, barbarian pack, against the ogre horde, wizards of morcar, advanced quest UK set, 2 more extra game boards, lots of monsters/furniture/doors. Trying to do Dark Company with the 4 boards (takes a ton of doors). Added some new specialty monsters for my Jungle quest book.

How about this Rick Grayson art for the cover?

Araigne wrote: . . I started my collection with the UK base game in probably around 2010/2011 when I was living in Australia. . . . I believe I got WoM for $100 AUD with shipping thanks to some of my friends who had moved to England.
I moved to America and decided I would get the American expansions too, and found someone selling the Barbarian and Elf quest packs for a steal at $110 USD and $90 USD respectively off of kijiji. . . .
. . . I then moved to Japan, and I just recently purchased a third one on behalf of a friend a couple weeks ago for roughly $200 AUD. The Japanese ones are all still on sprues and unused. . . .

You still need to move to Brazil. ;)

I don't have google drive so it won't let me open the link.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 5th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Sorry 'bout that. I couldn't reach the RickGrayson.com site for some Android reason.
Try this.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 5th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Daedalus wrote:Sorry 'bout that. I couldn't reach the RickGrayson.com site for some Android reason.
Try this.

I like it. I've found a few images I like for the card backs but still short a lot of images.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 5th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Daedalus wrote:Sorry 'bout that. I couldn't reach the RickGrayson.com site for some Android reason.
Try this.

How did you get to the image where it can be saved? I was able to save that one but can't get any others to.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Geofonos » September 5th, 2017, 2:29 am

Collection Update 5/9/2017

HeroQuest Core Game [GR]
HeroQuest Core Game [US]
HeroQuest Core Game [UK]
HeroQuest Core Game [SE]
HeroQuest Advanced Quest [UK]
Kellar's Keep [GR]
Kellar's Keep [UK]
Kellar's Keep [US]
Return of the Witch Lord [UK]
Return of the Witch Lord [US]
Wizards of Morcar [UK]
Against the Ogre Horde [UK]
The Frozen Horror [US]
The Mage in the Mirror [US]
Adventure Design Kit [UK]
Dwarven Pass Puzzle [UK]
Return of the Witch Lord Puzzle [UK]
Adventure Design Kit Puzzle [UK]
Against the Ogre Horde Puzzle [UK]
HeroQuest Sticker Album [UK]
Novel - The Fellowship of Four [UK]
Novel - The Screaming Spectre [UK]
Novel - The Tyrant's Tomb [UK]
Marvel Winter Special [UK]
White Dwarf Magazine #115 [UK]
White Dwarf Magazine #134 [UK]
White Dwarf Magazine #145 [UK]
Adventures Unlimited #5 [US]
Dragão Brasil #3 [BR]
Dragão Brasil #4 [BR]
Dragão Brasil #6 [BR]
Dragão Brasil #8 [BR]
Dragão Brasil #12 [BR]
Dragão Dourado #5 [BR]
Só Aventuras #1 [BR]
The Universe of RPG #1 [BR]
HeroQuest video game [Amstrad CPC 6128 disk]

Not seen on the picture but on their way at the moment are:
White Dwarf #113 [UK]
Game Master Magazine Vol 2 Issue #3
Gamesman #1
Vindicator Journal Vol. 1, Issue 3
Vindicator Journal Vol. 1, Issue 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 5th, 2017, 5:23 am

:)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sknks » September 6th, 2017, 11:59 pm

I am so jealous. I actually have less Heroquest now than I did years ago. I had a phase in my early 20's where I threw out all my board games, I still haven't got a replacement copy of Wizards of Morcar :(
Sknks

Hero:

Postby TMU » September 11th, 2017, 7:02 am

That's mental man! But how did you come up with the Swedish version of HQ? :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion