• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby j_dean80 » May 15th, 2017, 9:06 pm

j_dean80 wrote:I have 1 complete U.S. version plus Kellar's Keep and RotWL all from my childhood. We ordered Elf pack and Barbarian pack and got a letter in return saying there was not enough interest and they cancelled production. :( Since then I have acquired 4 Chaos Warriors, 1 Chaos Sorcerer, 1 Dragonstrike Dragon, 2 Bookcases, 1 Alchemist Bench, 1 Rack, and 1 Chaos Dwarf from Talisman. Still hoping for the rest of the expansions plus another base game. My base game was in great condition until a few weeks ago my 3 yr old decided to step on the box and now it has a side rip.

I added the elf pack, barbarian pack, against the ogre horde, wizards of morcar, advanced quest UK set, 2 more extra game boards, lots of monsters/furniture/doors. Trying to do Dark Company with the 4 boards (takes a ton of doors). Added some new specialty monsters for my Jungle quest book.
Last edited by j_dean80 on July 1st, 2017, 1:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby sidioussam » June 7th, 2017, 6:49 pm

I have a complete UK system as well as Kellars Keep and Return of the Witch Lord.
Still trying to get my hands on the rest of the expansions ...
sidioussam

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby aaronAGN » June 11th, 2017, 12:41 am

I currently have the original game, Kellar's Keep, and Return of the Witch Lord.
Always on the lookout for the other expansions.

Currently using D&D Castle Ravenloft, DragonStrike, and HeroScape for further additions/"expansions" as it were.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » June 14th, 2017, 6:09 pm

So happy that I was able to fulfill one of my childhood dreams today. I got this in the mail...

The condition is really good, even if it does smell like smoke. It came with two books, one with the cover fully intact and one as you see taken apart for the cards (which were in the box). All of the cardboard pieces (plus extra), all figures and even the flyer was still in the box. Not bad for $50. From $10.50 in 1991 to $50 in 2017 :lol:

Ok... so back on topic. I have two of the base sets, 1 Kellar's Keep (with two books), 1 Return of the Witch Lord (with two books). I also have Adanced HeroQuest, but am missing a lot of stuff for it.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 15th, 2017, 1:08 am

If they just hadn't changed Les Edwards' art from EU to NA versions...
I hate that retarded idea.
Everything else is better in the American versions, but they had to botch up the art...
Oh well... congratulations. |_P 50 bucks is not too bad for nowadays either.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 15th, 2017, 2:48 am

What are you talking about?
How is the art botched up?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 15th, 2017, 2:53 am

Have you never noticed?
Lights and darks of the KK and RotWL art were softened out for the NA covers, base colors seemed more glaring...
Look at the skeleton on the left.
Compare the KK covers, especially the Orcs' skin.

If you look closely (the Gargoyle on KK) it seems that the NA covers even were mere reproductions of Edwards' art.
Look at the face of the Gargoyle.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Araigne » June 15th, 2017, 3:53 am

Hello all. I'm new here.
I have:
UK base game
UK advanced quest
USA base game
Kellar's keep UK
Kellar's keep USA
Return of the witch lord UK
Return of The witch lord USA
Against the ogre horde
Wizards of morcar
Quest pack for the elf
Quest pack for the barbarian
And Japanese base game.
Araigne

Hero:

Postby aaronAGN » June 15th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Araigne wrote:Hello all. I'm new here.
I have:
UK base game
UK advanced quest
USA base game
Kellar's keep UK
Kellar's keep USA
Return of the witch lord UK
Return of The witch lord USA
Against the ogre horde
Wizards of morcar
Quest pack for the elf
Quest pack for the barbarian
And Japanese base game.

WOAH!!!!!!
Couple questions?
What's the difference between the US and UK versions?
And did you buy them long ago, when they were still normal prices, or more recently when everything has skyrocketed?
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Araigne » June 15th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Besides the card and booklet size differences, the USA enemies have more Body Points, there is an armory cardboard insert instead of the cards. Not sure of anything else.
I started my collection with the UK base game in probably around 2010/2011 when I was living in Australia. I believe it was around $80 AUD then. then branched out to the expansions, and unsure about the prices but I think around $40 AUD each for KK and RoTWL. I got AtOH for a steal with box , i think for $80 AUD, but had to order but WoM from the UK, as I had never even heard of it in Australia. (My brother originally had the game and 3 expansions when I was growing up). I believe I got WoM for $100 AUD with shipping thanks to some of my friends who had moved to England.
I moved to America and decided I would get the American expansions too, and found someone selling the Barbarian and Elf quest packs for a steal at $110 USD and $90 USD respectively off of kijiji. At this point I figured I might as well collect the entire US set, and got the other 2 expansions for $50 USD each (a little expensive for my taste, but they were unused booklets which is what I wanted). Then I got a great condition USA base game for $200 USD.
I also heard about the Japanese game in 2013 I think, and kept looking but never could find anyone selling it. I found a website where it was being sold, but missed two separate listings. The third listing I found I got for about $180 USD with another junk game, Gundam Wing or something. I then bought a second Japanese copy in January of this year for about the same price. I then moved to Japan, and I just recently purchased a third one on behalf of a friend a couple weeks ago for roughly $200 AUD. The Japanese ones are all still on sprues and unused.

I listed the prices because I don't know the prices these days.

**Edit** I bought the UK Advanced Quest when I was living in America in 2015. (I had to get it sent from the UK to my house in Australia)
Araigne

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion