• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Game System
23%
Advanced Game System (includes Dark Company)
6%
Kellar's Keep
19%
Return of the Witch Lord
19%
Against the Ogre Horde
10%
Wizards of Morcar
9%
Mage of the Mirror
6%
Frozen Horror
7%

Total votes : 1432

Re: [Poll] Which HeroQuest system and expansions do you own?

Postby wallydubbs » February 1st, 2023, 3:57 pm

Kurgan wrote:I now own all the content of the remake sets (Remake Mythic tier, MOTM, FH, Guardian knights 3x, Rogue)... two copies of the NA Game System (one to sell or gift), EU 1st edition (plus Wizard of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde sans boxes) and the aforementioned loose Ogres and mercenaries (and some extra classic EU and NA duped figures). I also have the 1991 DOS game (1995 CD-ROM edition, in jewel case).

What're the Guardian Knights? I didn't find anything like that on HasbroPulse...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby BroccoliRage » February 5th, 2023, 3:30 pm

wallydubbs wrote:
Kurgan wrote:I now own all the content of the remake sets (Remake Mythic tier, MOTM, FH, Guardian knights 3x, Rogue)... two copies of the NA Game System (one to sell or gift), EU 1st edition (plus Wizard of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde sans boxes) and the aforementioned loose Ogres and mercenaries (and some extra classic EU and NA duped figures). I also have the 1991 DOS game (1995 CD-ROM edition, in jewel case).

What're the Guardian Knights? I didn't find anything like that on HasbroPulse...

It was a limited run fig and set of character and equipment cards. It was retail only and they sold out ridiculously fast. A new sculpt for the character will be released with the Dread Moon expansion, which if you ask me is a better way to release new heroes, anyway.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Markus Darwath » February 6th, 2023, 3:38 am

BroccoliRage wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:

It was a limited run fig and set of character and equipment cards. It was retail only and they sold out ridiculously fast. A new sculpt for the character will be released with the Dread Moon expansion, which if you ask me is a better way to release new heroes, anyway.

If I'm not mistaken AH/Hasbro underestimated the demand for Commander of the Guardian Knights so badly that it sold out in pre-order and all available copies were spoken for before the release date.
Markus Darwath

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Postby Kurgan » February 7th, 2023, 6:08 pm

It literally sold out the same day pre-orders opened, if I recall correctly. They apologized publicly for the situation and now we're getting the character again (new sculpt, new product so hardcore collectors will still be happy, but scalpers will not be!) in Rise of the Dread Moon this year.

Also, what's this about them dropping hints that the BARD might be back on twitter???

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby BroccoliRage » February 13th, 2023, 5:38 pm

Well, I bought the Rogue Heir, and felt kind of...I dunno, slightly ripped off. I honestly think it could have been shoved into the Mage Of The Mirror box for $5/10 more on the price tag and added even more value to that expansion. It's the only addition I've bought so far that I'm not really thrilled with.

I'm really looking forward to.my Mage of The Mirror getting here, and I've got high hopes for Dread Moon.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby JJJ0 » March 19th, 2023, 9:47 pm

Well, I've got the lot now. But only because of the modern re-release; there was no way I was ever going to have the two Quest Packs in their original form (both because they were insanely expensive and rare, and because they were made for the US version, and everything else I have is for the UK version). But I did manage to pull together a complete lot of all the other stuff, including the Dark Company, prior to this.

Never owned any of it at the time it was available from shops; never needed to, as I had friends with it. And then of course by the time I wanted it myself it was long gone. I always meant to get around to it, but, beyond multiple base sets, never really did so for some reason (possibly because I preferred Space Crusade and had spent some time tracking all of it down) until 2016, during which year I grabbed all the UK expansions.
Last edited by JJJ0 on March 20th, 2023, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJJ0

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Kurgan » March 20th, 2023, 1:09 am

Still wish I could find a Mission:Dreadnought for a reasonable price! I lucked out with what I was able to find though...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby JJJ0 » March 20th, 2023, 1:36 am

Kurgan wrote:Still wish I could find a Mission:Dreadnought for a reasonable price! I lucked out with what I was able to find though...

I haven't looked for a while; have they become overly-expensive? I found that Eldar Attack was the really expensive one, but that was perhaps 15 years ago now.
JJJ0

Postby opalmox » May 30th, 2023, 11:28 pm

Thus far I have them all.
To further break it down
Game System (multiples of Original and 2021)
Kellar's Keep (Both original and 2021)
Return of the Witch Lord (Both original and 2021)
Against the Ogre Horde (English Version trying to locate it now, and will buy the new version when released)
Wizard's of Morcar (French edition with a translation page, trying to locate and will buy the new version when released)
Mage of the Mirror (Have a few bits, and working on completing the original set; purchased the new version to finally have one er... two in hand)
Frozen Horror (Have a few bits, and working on completing the original set; purchased the new version to finally have one um yea two in hand)
Rogue Heir (two copies)
Also lucky enough to get a Commander before they went completely bonkers on ebay.

While not on the survey, I also have a couple copies of Warhammer Quest (original version) that I'm using to expand my tortuous ways for my players.
opalmox

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Chwat » August 18th, 2023, 6:53 pm

I have the following

MB UK
3x Heroquest sets only 2 boxed.
1-Advanced Quest/Dark Company boxed.
3x Kellers 2 boxed.
2x Witch lord 1 boxed.
1- Ogres boxed.
1- Wizards boxed, and an incomplete unboxed set.

MB USA
1- Heroquest but I'm working on getting the other US expansions.

AH
2x Heroquest.
1- Kellers.
1- Witch Lord.
2x frozen.
1- Mage.
1- Dread Moon.
1- Rogue Heir.
But I have the best expansion **Adventure Design Kit** blasphemy to leave out the best thing about HEROQUEST. I like to collect so have odds and sod of parts, and don't care to much for exclusive sets if i get them bonus but wont break the bank.
:skull: I am not affiliated to the EBAY shop below, but they sell Cracking proxies and more. :skull:
:whiteshield: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/miniaturesbo ... 492.l74602 :whiteshield:
Chwat

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion