• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Kurgan » November 19th, 2021, 4:17 pm

InSpectreRetro wrote:I haven't apparently posted on this site since the agins inn days.

Has anyone on here reached out to Hasbro/Avalon Hill regarding all of this?

I had compiled and posted a bunch of non-spoilery stuff on Facebook and did reach out to Hasbro, and have a line of communication open that I could send thia info through.

But if someone else has already started down that path, then I'd say just continue as you are.

I'm gonna try to get more active on these forums again, so I look forward to talking with everyone.

Ray

Welcome back! PLEASE send it to them. Even if somebody already sent it, I think the fact that more than one person sends it will further reinforce that fans are noticing the issues and are encouraging them to help. Keep it civil as always. ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » November 19th, 2021, 5:04 pm

InSpectreRetro wrote:I haven't apparently posted on this site since the agins inn days.

I had compiled and posted a bunch of non-spoilery stuff on Facebook and did reach out to Hasbro, and have a line of communication open that I could send thia info through.

But if someone else has already started down that path, then I'd say just continue as you are.

I'm gonna try to get more active on these forums again, so I look forward to talking with everyone.

Ray

Hi, yes of course feel free to send them wherever you want*.

*Notice that I will modify the errata summary list some time later with last updates and fixes.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » November 19th, 2021, 6:43 pm

Hi, I have updated the errata summary here with the last mistakes reported and the following ones I have also found:

The Crypt of Perpetual Darkness, page 13: Note B says this about the two spell scrolls found by Heroes: "Randomly determine which scrolls they receive from the available spell scrolls", however, full spell scrolls cards deck for this questpack is unknown since it is not defined anywhere. - Page 27 of this questpack only shows two spell scroll cards which could be enough but in such case a "random" selection has o sense since there are only two different cards and the heroes find just two. Most probable, the questpack is refering to a full deck including all the spell scroll cards included in the other two Mythic Tier questpacks and probably also including KK and ROTWL expansions ones, but again, it is not explained anywhere so a clarification from Hasbro of what cards are they refering to in Note B would be welcome.

Extra Characters: Bard, Warlock and Druid: (updated)
- No clear rules or guidelines are provided anywhere about how these new characters should be introduced in play. Only minor notes are written in their Character Cards which seems to be insufficient:
- Bard special ability: Is the extra defence die for the Bard already counted in the 2 Defence Dice written in the character card or should be added another extra die? - Heroes stats use to also count the starting equipment of the hero so, if we strictly follow the same criterion for the rest of character cards, it seems that the 2 Defence Dice of the Bard already includes the extra die since this character does not start with any armour or shield, however, it is quite strange to see this orc hero with the same basic Defence value as the rest of the heroes when Bard is supposed to have an extra ability that allows him to have a better defence, isn't it?
- Warlock spells: Warlock is supposed to count as Wizard hero in terms of which weapons, artifacts and equipment they can use but, waht about the spells? Can the warlock cast more than the 3 spells from her deck up to 9 as the Wizard? - Probably, the answer is NOT if character card content is strictly followed, but there is no clear explanation and 'Wizard' mention in the character card could be confusing.
Last edited by HispaZargon on November 19th, 2021, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 19th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Yeah I always read "random scroll" as whatever scrolls you happen to have, across quest packs.

Warlock can't use Wizard SPELLS it only says in terms of equipment (armory gear) and magical artifacts (Artifact cards). Warlock can only use her 3 unique spells.

So that means she can use Wizard's Staff and Wizard's Cloak for example, could wear Bracers and use staff or dagger or toolkit but can't use a shortsword or helmet or other types of Body Armor (but could use a handaxe due to the lack of prohibition to the Wizard on the card), etc.

So anything the Wizard can use, the Warlock can use, but the Elemental Spells are for the Wizard and Elf to divide up still, nothing for the Warlock, taking it literally.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » November 19th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Kurgan wrote:Yeah I always read "random scroll" as whatever scrolls you happen to have, across quest packs.

Warlock can't use Wizard SPELLS it only says in terms of equipment (armory gear) and magical artifacts (Artifact cards). Warlock can only use her 3 unique spells.

So that means she can use Wizard's Staff and Wizard's Cloak for example, could wear Bracers and use staff or dagger or toolkit but can't use a shortsword or helmet or other types of Body Armor (but could use a handaxe due to the lack of prohibition to the Wizard on the card), etc.

So anything the Wizard can use, the Warlock can use, but the Elemental Spells are for the Wizard and Elf to divide up still, nothing for the Warlock, taking it literally.

Yeah, I agree but I think clarifications for those extra characters rules would be better. There are more people who have similar doubts here.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby joec » November 30th, 2021, 11:56 am

I've written Teos Abadia about if he can weigh in on any errata. (He wrote SQT.) You can see the exchanges here: https://twitter.com/joecwik/status/1458926101363896327

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 1st, 2021, 1:31 am

Nice work, joec! It may or may not come to anything, but it's nice to see Teos is listening to errata criticisms. Here's hoping!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » December 1st, 2021, 3:45 pm

Ah so he's (Teos = Alphastream on twitter) not on facebook...

I'm not on twitter, reddit or instagram (on FB but I don't participate in the HQ groups there), so I can't blame him. Keep sending him that errata! Sounds like he thought it was just aesthetic issues (lack of shading, wrong colors used for secret doors/traps) and no major issues.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » December 1st, 2021, 4:54 pm

joec wrote:

I've written Teos Abadia about if he can weigh in on any errata. (He wrote SQT.) You can see the exchanges here: https://twitter.com/joecwik/status/1458926101363896327

Thank you!

Teos Abadia also twitted here another errata we had not identified in the list: https://mobile.twitter.com/Alphastream/status/1465716446542004231

The errata is a missing door in upper right corner room of SQT Quest #5 map, page 14. Teos himself provided in previous link where the missing door may be placed.

SQT_Quest_5_Map_errata_Teos_Abadia.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » December 1st, 2021, 5:22 pm

Ah good, glad he's not blowing it off but dedicated to assisting with the corrections. Thanks for sharing, HZ!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext