• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Kurgan » February 26th, 2023, 2:16 am

I suppose errata discovered in the HeroQuest "Board Game Companion" app (now up to v.1.70) could be its own topic... or where would you suggest we post those?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » February 27th, 2023, 6:51 am

Well, you know the App does not exactly follow the board game mechanics at all, so I think it should have its own thread, separated from this one, maybe titled "HeroQuest 2021 App: Bugs and Errata Compilation" but following a similar structure to aid its traceability.

Please, would you like to lead it? :D

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 1st, 2023, 4:18 pm

Well, just a couple of minor errata/typos detected in Mage of the Mirror components:

- Mage of the Mirror, Elven Bow of Vindication Artifact card: This artifact is a weapon, so like other Artifact weapons, it should have indicated "Weapon -" at the begining of its card text.

- Mage of the Mirror questbook, page 6: Princess Millandriell name is writen by mistake at its tile description title as "Millandriel".

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » March 2nd, 2023, 7:50 am

HispaZargon wrote:. . . About this topic, maybe we could have the official rule in the Rulebook, but I think we have not seen it!!! Here it is:

Page 17 of the 2021's Rulebook (Page 19 on the classic one from 1990), section "What Happens to a Hero in a Pit?":

As a hero, your minimum attack or
    defend strength is always 1 combat
    die, even if the pit penalty would
    reduce your dice to 0.

So... well, this is not the Combat section of the rules, but do you think we could assume this paragraph may be extrapolated to the rest of the rules? If we consider it strictly, would not exist any errata of course about this topic.

The word "always" I think is pretty clear and also fits with ROTWL rule for unarmed heroes. As I said before, I don't like it, but... the 1 Attack die rule seems to be more official than I thought in a first stage.

I think you are on target that the pit rule is meant to be extrapolated to the rest of the rules. Yes, the Instruction Booklet could have organized the "always 1 combat die" rule with better placement, perhaps in the character card section. However, since the rule is already presented in the basic game under pit traps where it is needed, an errata isn't called for (for an incorrect or missing rule.) You made the right decision to not include in your errata post.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby HispaZargon » March 4th, 2023, 10:37 pm

The following errata was found by Eudoxio, only in the Spanish Edition of Kellar's Keep expansion:

KELLAR'S KEEP expansion box content:

Questbook:

- Page 15, Note E: Text indicates by mistake that the chest is empty, however it contains a part of the Grin's Map, as it is also explained in the same text.

Another errata, only in the Spanish Edition of Return of the Witch Lord expansion:

RETURN OF THE WITCH LORD expansion box content:

Questbook:

- Page 7: Text indicates by mistake "Kessandra" when it should say "Kessandria".

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 10th, 2023, 9:09 pm

This errata is present in the original version as well (from 1992). Quest 5 of the Mage of the Mirror (EQP) has a Wandering Monster of 3 Zombies. You're going to have to either substitute monsters or own Return of the Witch Lord to fulfill this...

(at least easier to compensate for than the several quests that call for too many open doors in those several quests of the Frozen Horror)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 10th, 2023, 10:02 pm

Right... in that case, as solution I think it should had said "3 Goblins".

Nevertheless, it is surprising to see that Mage of the Mirror only used one of its new monsters as Wandering Monster: The Werewolf. The rest of new ones are not WM in any quest, however several types of new monsters in Frozen Horror also appear as WM.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » March 11th, 2023, 10:06 am

HispaZargon wrote:Once again, Zargon twitter account has officially commented about Bracers rules, saying that they may not be combined with any body armour

That's nonsense for me... Why I can't wear a chain mail AND bracer at the same time? They are just creating more confusion than what they already did! :cry:

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 11th, 2023, 12:01 pm

Yes, you probably are right. However, I always understood the correct item for the game should had been called as "Leather Armour" instead of Bracers, but I guess Hasbro prefered to reuse the EU classic item.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » March 13th, 2023, 2:15 am

other than the errors being noted for the map usability and note, has anyone been logging the icon errors? In my "correction" project I've been amending every instance of the "mirror image" alchemists bench, and weapons rack having white fill in's, one big one I've noticed is in return of the witch lord, the throne room is a disaster....

1 - original.jpg

This is blatantly terrible and its little bits like this that add up to utter negligence in QC for print components, not only does it have some-sort of haphazardly placed grid (this is carried across all 3 instances in the quest book) but the room tiles are not even square and fitting to the map...

For my corrected version (coming this week along with Kellar's Keep) I have cleaned it up considerably and resized the whole thing accordingly.
2 - revised.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion