• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Eudoxio » March 18th, 2022, 12:52 pm

Well, i just tried to send a blue bird to Zargon, i will tell if i get an answer, but yeah, secret door next to the book, is also an option to help that pit trap :D
Eudoxio

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: Español
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » March 18th, 2022, 6:13 pm

Eudoxio wrote:Well, i just tried to send a blue bird to Zargon, i will tell if i get an answer, but yeah, secret door next to the book, is also an option to help that pit trap :D

Ok, great!

As discussed, I think we finally guess the better solution and more probable designer's original intention for the missing door in Prophecy of Telor quest #4 would be adding this secret door:

POT_Quest_4_Missing_Door_by_HispaZargon_v2.jpg

I have updated the errata summary here with the last mistakes reported.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Eudoxio » March 21st, 2022, 9:35 pm

Zargon himself has answered to the blue bird i send :D

https://twitter.com/heroquest/status/1505982048711979014

We almost got it right :lol:
Eudoxio

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby HispaZargon » March 21st, 2022, 9:49 pm

Ok... I do not agree too much, but this means I was mostly right since months ago hahahaha. Let's go then with first solution, HispaZargon has spoken... :-)

Thank you, Eudoxio!

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 22nd, 2022, 11:31 am

Nice! Great work you two...

E: Dear Dread Zargon, on Telor's Tower of Turekk Tor (Q4), there are 2 rooms without access (D), where do our minions should build the door or secret door? @heroquest
@AvalonHill

Z: There is a door in the leftmost space you circled, south of the fireplace. I WANTED ONE OF THOSE DOORS THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE WALL HAHA GOT YOU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 24th, 2022, 9:49 pm

Hi, I have found a confusing text in Prophecy of Telor's quest #8. Unfortunately, I think it is another clear errata:

First, some data extarcted from the questbook:

- Page 23: The quest parchment says "... This crystal vial will help you. Its presence will cause the secret entrance to glow blue. The vial shall be carried by you, bearer of the talisman. When you reach Telor's tomb, smash the vial and it will summon Telor...".

- Page 23: Note A text assumes the bearer needs to break the vial in central room to identify that the tomb there is a false tomb. (remember letter A should be placed in page 22 in the central room, another errata already identified here).

- Page 23: Note G text says that Telor spirit can be summoned just with the presence of the bearer.

Then, all previous data do not fit well together, since it has no sense. If the vial is broken in room A, I guess it cannot be used again because once it breaks, I assume it breaks forever since it is made of crystal, so the vial could not be used again in room G to summon Telor, in contrast to what is explained in the parchment the players must do. However, suprisingly, without using any vial in room G, Telor's spirit is summoned anyway.

Well, as posible solution for this mess, I think Note A should had suggest that once the bearer takes the vial to broke it, its solely presence causes the break of the illusion spell, so they could keep the vial. Additionally, I would say in Note G that the tomb begins to glow blue also because the bearer broke the vial there.

Then, according to this, posible better texts for those notes could be:

"A. Once the bearer decides to broke the crystal vial, advice they that the solely presence of the vial in the room causes that a spell of Illusion is broken, revealing the tomb is false, so they could keep the vial. Replace the tomb with ..."

"G. This is the tomb of Telor. When the bearer enters and breaks the crystal vial, the tomb begins to glow blue. Read the following text to ..."

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Camous » March 24th, 2022, 11:22 pm

HispaZargon wrote:
- Bard special ability: Is the extra defense die for the Bard already counted in the 2 Defence Dice already written in the character card or should be added another extra die? - Heroes stats use to also count the starting equipment of the hero so, if we strictly follow the same criterion for the rest of character cards, it seems that the 2 Defence Dice of the Bard already includes the extra die since this character does not start with any armor or shield, however, it is quite strange to see this orc hero with the same basic Defence value as the rest of the heroes when Bard is supposed to have an extra ability that allows him to have a better defense, isn't it?

I read this a bit differently. It says "when you are wearing non-metal armor and not carrying a shield, you have 1 extra Defend die." So I see it that you start with 2 defense dice because you have no armor. If you wear bracers and no shield, you get a +2 instead of a +1. Chain mail and plate mail say they are metal armor but the helmet does not. I would assume it is metal based on the picture but I could go either way on wearing a helmet preventing the bard's ability.
Camous

Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » March 25th, 2022, 5:29 am

Camous wrote:
HispaZargon wrote:
- Bard special ability: Is the extra defense die for the Bard already counted in the 2 Defence Dice already written in the character card or should be added another extra die? - Heroes stats use to also count the starting equipment of the hero so, if we strictly follow the same criterion for the rest of character cards, it seems that the 2 Defence Dice of the Bard already includes the extra die since this character does not start with any armor or shield, however, it is quite strange to see this orc hero with the same basic Defence value as the rest of the heroes when Bard is supposed to have an extra ability that allows him to have a better defense, isn't it?

I read this a bit differently. It says "when you are wearing non-metal armor and not carrying a shield, you have 1 extra Defend die." So I see it that you start with 2 defense dice because you have no armor. If you wear bracers and no shield, you get a +2 instead of a +1. Chain mail and plate mail say they are metal armor but the helmet does not. I would assume it is metal based on the picture but I could go either way on wearing a helmet preventing the bard's ability.

Yeah, of course it makes sense, Bard's special rule will probably work as you explained. Thanks!

P.D.: About helmet's material type, I guess every player uses to consider it is metallic according to picture, nevertheless, it should had been explicitly written in the card it is metal to correctly fit with rules like the Bard one.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » March 25th, 2022, 1:00 pm

The Bracers are explicitly described as being made of leather rather than metal, so I think they did this on purpose to coincide with the spell. They didn't describe the shield as being entirely made of other materials though. But for the purposes of the rules, "Armor" would mean body armor unless further elaborated, since technically Helmets and Shields are also "armor" as they provide extra defend dice when carried.

The reason we consider the Helmet to be metal is not just from the artwork (and basic assumptions about the setting... I never assumed it was just a clay pot on your head, or made of leather or wood), but because like a sword it is vulnerable to the "Rust" chaos spell. Now granted, the Rust chaos spell from the NA game system only affects those two things (swords and helmets NOT artifacts; the card art shows a variety of weapons for Wizards of Morcar instead of just the two as in the NA Game System) and nothing else despite the obvious metal in those things (the Wizard of Morcar version, not honored here, would be much more powerful, rusting just about anything that isn't magical). Of course it is magical rust, but it explicitly attacks metal, and since there are no explicitly non-metal helmets, that's why.

In real life, medieval shields tended to be made of leather covered wood, although most had some kind of metal parts to them (bracing, nails, the iron "boss" of viking shields in the center). Bucklers were made of metal but those tended to be much smaller (and several home brewers have added them here). Now magical experts have often argued that rust that powerful should also dismantle a crossbow because it has parts that are metal without which it will break, etc. You add the level of complexity to your own game you see fit, as always since it's not all based on realism but challenge, balance and fun most of all in this fantasy adventure.

But as to their intention, the Bard doesn't start with any armor, so he wouldn't get the defense bonus until he got a piece of body armor to wear, namely the bracers but didn't combine them with a shield.

Edit: fixed a confusing sentence. I realize the Rust Spell in WOM is rather different (and more powerful) than the NA GS version... the latter is what matters for this discussion since the remake is directly based upon it even if the Bracers are borrowed from the EU 2nd edition.
Last edited by Kurgan on April 27th, 2022, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » March 28th, 2022, 8:46 pm

Good points!

In other hand, any feedback about the above mentioned confusing text from Prophecy of Telor?

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion