• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Alphastream » December 9th, 2021, 12:39 am

Hi all,

I am the designer of the Spirit Queen's Torment questbook, though it was of course a team effort and things could have changed between what I turned in and the final version as desired by the talented team members at Hasbro. Therefore, nothing I write is official. It simply is my interpretation based on my intentions as the designer. For obvious reasons, I won't say whether any particular mistake was mine or someone else's. These things happen, even with multiple people checking.

Regarding your notes, I agree with everything you noted. Regarding page 18, I would only add that there are two rooms labeled B, and your note is correctly referring to the top one.

- Page 32: Aparently, center room cannot be accessed by the Heroes since there is no door but at the same time they can pass through the walls several times in this quest so it is not clear if a door is needed there. - An official feedback for this from Hasbro would be appreciated

Regarding the item on page 32, there is supposed to be a door North of the right-most pit.

My thanks to the community here! Apologies for the errata. We sure worked hard to limit any errors, but perhaps Zargon introduced some Chaos into the mix.
Alphastream

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » December 9th, 2021, 8:07 am

Awesome that you took your time and answered here directly! Thanks a lot!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » December 9th, 2021, 8:27 am

Alphastream wrote:Hi all,

I am the designer of the Spirit Queen's Torment questbook, though it was of course a team effort and things could have changed between what I turned in and the final version as desired by the talented team members at Hasbro. Therefore, nothing I write is official. It simply is my interpretation based on my intentions as the designer. For obvious reasons, I won't say whether any particular mistake was mine or someone else's. These things happen, even with multiple people checking.

Regarding your notes, I agree with everything you noted. Regarding page 18, I would only add that there are two rooms labeled B, and your note is correctly referring to the top one.

- Page 32: Aparently, center room cannot be accessed by the Heroes since there is no door but at the same time they can pass through the walls several times in this quest so it is not clear if a door is needed there. - An official feedback for this from Hasbro would be appreciated

Regarding the item on page 32, there is supposed to be a door North of the right-most pit.

http://alphastream.org/wp-content/uploa ... errata.png

My thanks to the community here! Apologies for the errata. We sure worked hard to limit any errors, but perhaps Zargon introduced some Chaos into the mix.

Hi!!

First of all, thank you very much for your message! I think it is an honor for the entire Ye Olde Inn Community to directly hear a questbook designer, really, thank you very much!!

Regarding the list of errata detected, of course it is understood that they can occur taking into account the complexity of this kind of project. The purpose of this thread is solely to share their findings, describe them, and try, when necessary, to provide the best possible solution for the Community until official Hasbro information is available. Fortunately, thanks to messages like yours, we can solve some of them with a lot of confidence!! Hopefully one day we could have an official answer for all the errata (publication of an official list of errata or FAQs), or at least some unofficial response like yours from the rest of the questbooks designers that clarifies those more doubtful errors, that would be also great news for everyone of us!

In the case of Spirit Queens Torment questpack, most of the found errors are of aesthetic nature, I think the only important doubts we had were the missing doors on pages 14 and 32, as well as the absence of rules for the spear found by the heroes on page 23.

In any case, I take the opportunity to publicly congratulate you on your work. HeroQuest is more alive than ever thanks to this new project and thanks to those of you who have worked on it.

Again, thank you very much for taking your time and answering in the forum. You are very welcome to the Inn !! :-)
Last edited by HispaZargon on December 9th, 2021, 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » December 9th, 2021, 8:30 am

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your direct feedback on the corrections, that is most appreciated! |_P

We can be an opinionated bunch here but I hope the love of the game comes through. We care that you guys care about getting it right.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby joec » December 9th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Thank you Teos! Thank you for being so easy to reach and accommodating our community of HeroQuest fans!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » December 9th, 2021, 8:30 pm

Kurgan wrote:Another possible error is being reported here from page 29 in "Prophecy of Telor."

In my opinion, for the moment we could not consider them as errata as I explained here. It is not enough clear so I think we should wait for the opinion of more members about it and then we could decide if they should be added to the list of errata or not.

In the other hand, I have updated the errata summary here with the last mistakes reported.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » December 10th, 2021, 11:15 am

Anyone mention Lair of the Orc Warlord still says to use the Orc with the notched sword, but now the minis are different?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » December 10th, 2021, 12:07 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Anyone mention Lair of the Orc Warlord still says to use the Orc with the notched sword, but now the minis are different?

Yeah, it was already explained at the beginning of the errata summary in this post as a general comment/misprint:

HispaZargon wrote:Several pages of most of the released questbooks: "Use the Orc with the Large sword to represent..." is said but there is no unique Orc figure included. - 1990 American version included such orc model but the remake does not.

Nevertheless I will try to add dedicated comments about it in the next list update, instead of a general comment.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » December 10th, 2021, 1:57 pm

In Mythic Tier at least there are enough Orc designs available that you could still use one of the "big sword" Orcs for him, but yes, obviously the text was just ported over with no changes without realizing there was no special figure for it.

If a person had Kellar's Keep, they should have plenty of Orcs (four of each except the hammer which has only two) and just make sure they don't use the big sword Orc design until it's time to put out the "boss" I suppose, right? It's a work-around of course... and we're charting errata. Most new players will probably only have the Game System and have to figure it out on their own.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » December 11th, 2021, 2:20 am

I was going through each of the new quest books and looking at the "Artifact Reference" at the end of each. However it seems that just because something is listed there doesn't mean it actually appears in the quests itself. It's late and I may have missed something but this is especially true of one of the quest packs. Please view this Mythic Tier quest packs Artifact Locations for more info (spoilers, obviously).

Some Artifacts are listed but not used, while others are found in the quest book (they aren't always italicized in the quest notes meaning you have to read carefully to find them) but not in the Artifact Reference (it only has room for 10 items).

Prophecy of Telor for example lists six spell scrolls that I don't see as findable in the pack. Perhaps it was planned to have a random scroll draw but I don't see one mentioned in the quest notes. It has three more artifacts that are findable but not located on the reference page.

Spirit Queen's Torment has four more Artifacts findable in quest notes that are not mentioned on the Artifact reference page.

Crypt of Perpetual Darkness only mentions 2 Spell Scrolls (one of which has no card) on the Artifact Reference but as I think you mentioned already, talks about a random draw. Instead of just giving you a single card to draw "randomly from" it says from spell scrolls that are "available" which if you have the Mythic tier, you would have 13 cards (work around for the lightning is to just use any other artifact card and if it is drawn give lightning bolt dread spell to represent the missing scroll).

Of course as mentioned, the lightning bolt spell scroll reference doesn't say it crumbles to dust after use, implying it can be used again on the next quest like a spell! (clearly an oversight).

It's worth pointing out that some spell scrolls found in quests say they can be used more than once in a quest (Prophecy of Telor mentions two that can be used 3 times and one that can be used twice). Prophecy of Telor also mentions a "Water of Healing" Scroll that has no card or reference picture, this wouldn't be an issue, but it also means it couldn't come up in a random draw for Crypt of Perpetual Darkness unless you wanted to make a card to stand in for it!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext