• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Kurgan » September 28th, 2022, 12:47 pm

Oops, so a door that leads to solid rock ("fake door")!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby manaknight14 » September 28th, 2022, 1:23 pm

cyber333 wrote:The Crypt of Perpetual Darkness
Page 14 (Quest 5): Bottom right corner group of rooms (second room up from the bottom) has a door leading into the shaded corridor.
That one is not an error. The quest notes describe it as a door that cannot be opened because it’s being held shut by water.
manaknight14

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby HispaZargon » September 28th, 2022, 4:40 pm

manaknight14 is right, there is no errata there. Quest Note B explains that door cannot be opened.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » September 29th, 2022, 2:22 am

ahhh yep... strike that! Sorry for wasting everyone's time! I was remaking the map and posted in here before reading the notes (which struck me on my way to work)!
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby HispaZargon » September 29th, 2022, 3:33 am

Hahaha, no problem! Most of the misprints have been detected following that way.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby InSpectreRetro » October 17th, 2022, 4:39 pm

Avalon Bill confirmed that Wizard can use Bracers on the Avalon Hill discord today.
Zargon > Grimdead > Morcar

Frozen Horror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh286B5UHDb7POdwfL9okiecegSOgHMa/view?usp=share_link

Mage of the Mirror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vw2J8k5xUuHq77b1KOasNPVCZAg1bvec/view?usp=share_link
InSpectreRetro

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » October 17th, 2022, 5:31 pm

InSpectreRetro wrote:Avalon Bill confirmed that Wizard can use Bracers on the Avalon Hill discord today.

Yeah, like in classic European editions, the Bracers may be used by the Wizard.

However, according to the 'Zargon' twits I posted in this thread, Bracers can't be combined with other armours like Chain Mail so, Bracers seems to be a too gold expensive armour for non-wizard heroes, since nobody, except a Wizard, will probably use them. Therefore, not limiting the Bracers use just for the Wizard could be considered a misprint itself on the card, in my opinion, attending to its high cost.

However, unfortunatelly 'Zargon' account did not say anything about combining Bracers with the Wizard's Cloak. I guess probably the combination is allowed, but no official confirmation from Hasbro exist.

I have updated the errata summary here with this last finding. Last update of the list was performed in August.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby InSpectreRetro » October 17th, 2022, 11:47 pm

I think some of the new heroes will benefit from bracers. Druid, warlock, bard, rogue.
Zargon > Grimdead > Morcar

Frozen Horror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh286B5UHDb7POdwfL9okiecegSOgHMa/view?usp=share_link

Mage of the Mirror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vw2J8k5xUuHq77b1KOasNPVCZAg1bvec/view?usp=share_link
InSpectreRetro

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » October 18th, 2022, 10:30 am

In case of the Warlock would not be any problem because its Character Card explains it must be considered as a Wizard in terms of armour and weapons use.

However, yes, of course I think you are right and Bracers are important for the other type of heroes (Bard, Druid, and Rogues) since it is one of the few armours they may wear, so it makes sense not limiting the Bracers use just for the Wizard as European classic editions did.

I will eliminate from the list such sentence.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » October 18th, 2022, 5:41 pm

Making the Wizard pay more for armor is similar to how I did things in my homebrew rules (also like making my cleric pay more for weapons). If the one with Bracers dies, another hero can take the armor and use it potentially, if needed. Best if you find it rather than have to buy it of course!

Cloak of Protection combining with Bracers in EU 2nd edition made sense, so too Wizard's Cloak with Bracers for Wizard/Warlock makes sense. No other heroes can wear the Wizard's Cloak after all. But just because a Hero COULD use something doesn't mean he wants to...

The "non-metal armor" refers explicitly to Bracers in remake I feel, just as "Armor" refers to metal body armors (Chain/Plate... thus including variants like Elven Chainmail, Borin's Armor which is plate and Cold Iron Plate) but doesn't include Shields or Helmets which are their own things (even though included in the broader category of "armor" in other contexts).

Why they didn't just say "bracers" instead of "non-metal armor" is anyone's guess but there you go. Maybe they were still thinking about other types of non-metal armor at one point? (like a Cloak of Protection that was an expensive non-Artifact version of the Wizard's Cloak that anyone could wear?)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext