• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Odanan's HeroQuest stuff

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Odanan's HeroQuest stuff

Postby Odanan » January 11th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Jazzdrummer wrote:
Very good! I will fix it as soon as I can.

Hey Odanan, just wanted to see if you've corrected the Backstab description for your Assassin yet? And also I had a chance to play this character in a recent game and I think the 3 extra dice is a bit overpowered. Right out of the gate I'm rolling 4 combat dice 90% of the time. Once I get a short sword I'll be rocking 5 combat dice. So it really seemed excessive at least for vanilla HQ. I would personally scale it back to 2 dice in my humble opinion or maybe even 1. The character states the Assassin can't wear armor. Does that include helmets, bracers, or cloaks?

Yes, can't use a helmet or shield. Bracers have the keyword "armor" in the 2021 HQ and along with Clock are exclusive to the Wizard in the 1989 (EU) version, so the Assassin could not use them.

Anyway, I can do a nerfed version for you. But are you sure? A fully equipped Barbarian/Elf/Dwarf can have 4 Attack (Battle Axe) and 5 Defense (2 basic + 2 plate armor/Borin's armor + 1 helmet) or 3 Attack (Longsword) and 6 Defense (2 basic + 2 plate armor/Borin's armor + 1 helmet + 1 shield), when the Assassin is maxed out in (conditional) 5 Attack and 2 Defense. Don't forget the Assassin has only 5 Body Points.
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Luzbel » January 11th, 2022, 12:54 pm

Hi man!!, Do you have the back template of the cards please?...I mean HQ21. I can't find them...
Luzbel

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby Odanan » January 11th, 2022, 1:47 pm

Luzbel wrote:Hi man!!, Do you have the back template of the cards please?...I mean HQ21. I can't find them...

Inside this template there are the card backs I worked on:
https://www.deviantart.com/odanan/art/HeroQuest-2021-all-templates-902803942

The ones available there are: Artifact, Treasure, Equipment, Monster and Dread Spell. Only missing all the hero spell card backs.
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Jazzdrummer » January 11th, 2022, 5:29 pm

Anyway, I can do a nerfed version for you. But are you sure? A fully equipped Barbarian/Elf/Dwarf can have 4 Attack (Battle Axe) and 5 Defense (2 basic + 2 plate armor/Borin's armor + 1 helmet) or 3 Attack (Longsword) and 6 Defense (2 basic + 2 plate armor/Borin's armor + 1 helmet + 1 shield), when the Assassin is maxed out in (conditional) 5 Attack and 2 Defense. Don't forget the Assassin has only 5 Body Points.

Those are some great points. I just started a new playthrough with my son and we're only on quest 3. So my perspective is mainly from early on in the game when everyone is rolling 2 or 3 combat dice but the Assassin is regularly rolling 4 with his Dagger. So let me play with him longer so other heroes can get better equipment. But it might be cool to lower the Assassins defense to even 1. That might be too much. I dunno. Anyways, I'm going to do some more playtesting.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Jazzdrummer

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Odanan » January 24th, 2022, 2:20 pm

All my custom and converted cards in high quality .png, organized in folders and zipped (for those who prefer this instead of the PDFs).

https://www.deviantart.com/odanan/art/HeroQuest-all-cards-904855606
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » January 25th, 2022, 7:01 pm

A new format? Odanan, you are a Champion of sharing!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 26th, 2022, 2:54 am

Odanan wrote:All my custom and converted cards in high quality .png, organized in folders and zipped (for those who prefer this instead of the PDFs).

Love them! Though, I miss the monster cards. Didn't you do them, too, even with that parchment format requiring semitransparent monster images?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 26th, 2022, 8:47 am

Odanan wrote:All my custom and converted cards in high quality .png, organized in folders and zipped (for those who prefer this instead of the PDFs).

You are a true hero. Thank you so much for making these available!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Odanan » January 26th, 2022, 1:11 pm

Anderas wrote:

Love them! Though, I miss the monster cards. Didn't you do them, too, even with that parchment format requiring semitransparent monster images?

Oh, I did them! Just forgot to include in the file. Will do as soon as I can.

EDIT: It's there. Mind that I didn't make yet the monster cards for these 3 expansions: Wizards of Morcar and Barbarian and Elf Quest. It's unfortunate I can't find good and of same style drawings for my custom miniatures (orc archers, orc pikemen, skeleton archers, skeleton spearmen, skeleton warriors, etc.). Had to improvise using my Evil Power cards instead.
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Odanan » March 5th, 2022, 2:16 pm

I'm not posting here, but I'm still active!

Check out some of my newer stuff:

- HeroQuest 1990 - new monster cards (HQ 2021 style): https://www.deviantart.com/odanan/art/HeroQuest-new-monsters-and-card-style-908744094
- HeroQuest 2021 - hero cards: https://www.deviantart.com/odanan/art/HeroQuest-2021-My-Custom-Heroes-906311458
- HeroQuest 2021 - monster cards: https://www.deviantart.com/odanan/art/HeroQuest-2021-classic-monsters-with-abilities-906516360
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion