• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Quick fix quest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Quick fix quest

Postby Draven » December 5th, 2010, 9:08 am

I turned up totally unprepared for our groups latest game of heroquest. All I had to go on was an idea that I had had from the end of the Ogre Horde quests. My idea was to set a quest in which the ogres would exact revenge on Morcar for duping them into helping them. With only that thought to go on, I used a maze layout of one of the Wizard of Morcar quests and related a short story of how the ogre clans would send in 4 of their best warriors to gain revenge. I reinstated Festral in place of the Wizard character. I slightly altered the beginning of the maze as I went (hoping they wouldnt recall the correct layout) and I upgraded some of the monsters as I went along. I gave each Ogre 6 body points and 2 dice for movement. It was made even more interesting in that the ogres cannot move through an occupied square. They loved the change from playing as the heroes, and the quest was voted a big success. It just made me realise how you can run a quest with no preparation and just reuse old material. Hope this idea may be of some help to others.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Draven

Zombie
Zombie

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Quick fix quest

Postby Rath of Un » December 17th, 2010, 8:04 pm

That sounds pretty good, I loved the blank sheet that was on the last page of the first quest book, I have made countless copies of that page.

Once the group that I used to game with was finished with every quest in the first quest book we ended up playing a couple quest that we used half the quest layout from one quest and combined it with half of another quest. We would make up so back story and then away we would go. That was a fun way to change up the quests as well. At the end we would try to guess which two or three quests the map layout was from. We played quite a bit of Hero Quest.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rath of Un

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion