• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lord of the Rings

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Lord of the Rings

Postby ken » November 23rd, 2010, 3:55 am

el_flesh wrote:He's also amazing with his stick - at least in the movie. It seemed to me that Gandalf was the most badass of them all and the hobbits were basically moving targets.

by joec » Monday November 22nd, 2010 6:34pm

Wizard's Robes could suffice. A magical property gives them an additional die in defense.

What about giving him a Mithril shirt, like Frodo's, this would give him an extra two in defence? He can buy a stick from the Armoury. I will limit the Hobbits to what they have got, perhaps with the addition of a shield? :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ken » December 3rd, 2010, 6:10 am

Not much happening on this topic at the moment, Pucks cousin is more interested in Girlquest than Heroquest these days. Still, I live in hope that he will return to his senses. As these LoR characters are quite strong, I am thinking of bringing a little uncertainty into their minds. I am working on intruducing a Runic Dice into play, on Morcars turn, to level up the playing field. Here is how it works. Remember that wonderful film from the 1960s called "The Vikings"? Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas, Janet Leigh? Remember those immortal words, "What do the Runes say?" (ask your Grandparents about it). Anyway, I have fashioned a Runic Dice, with three Runic Symbols, Nos 17, 18, 19 on three facets, leaving the others blanc. This means, when rolled by Morcar, he has the chance of adding one of three powerful Monsters to the board at his turn. The blank facets produce nothing. One could use a standard numbered dice for the task, but this introduces a little mysticism? :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby joec » December 3rd, 2010, 8:48 am

I love it.

I 've taken to rolling a couple d10s behind my screen to see if certain things happen. Every so often, I'll add something to the board, after a die roll. It really freaks them out. Especially whe nI roll dice for no reason, with no effect. Of course, I don't tell them that...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 3rd, 2010, 6:50 pm

I played with myself today, (am I allowed to say that?), went through Lair Of The Orc Warlord, with Aragon, Gandalf, Boromir, Legolas & the two Hobbits. Aragon had standard Barbarian stats. Worked quite well, Morcar attacked the two Hobbits when a Runic Monster came up, so the others had to rein in a bit, to look after them. Thats what LoR is all about, really. Gandalf suffered badly, until he was finally in a position to search for treasure, and "found" the Mithril shirt from my earlier post. Then Morcar gave him an Artifact Sword, 4 attack, so he is pretty much up to strength. Morcar managed to kill Frodo before the end of the quest, so all in all, my conjuring seems to work!! :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » December 12th, 2010, 8:25 am

I have conjured up a Quest to replace the Rescue of Sir Ragnar, in the standard quest book, to suit this topic. I made up a bar room using a floor tile from AHQ, take a look at two pictures in my album via Sir Ragnar topic link. I guess one could make do with the standard board centre room. :mrgreen:
a chance encounter.doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion