• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Goblin-King » September 28th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Orc26 wrote:So does anyone know what all is going to be included with Mr. Bakers new Questline?
Will there be any new minis?
Will there be any new cards?
Will there be any new cardboard chits?

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's just a quest book.
It's branded as a Questline, not an expansion. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

WARNING: Controversial opinion incoming

I actually hope they make original quest packs after KK and RotWL.
I mean... I wouldn't be angry at all to see remakes of FH and MotM, but I'd much rather have new original quests and miniatures.
We've already have that content (in some form or another); why not expand the HeroQuest universe instead of just rehashing old stuff?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » September 28th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Agree with GK.
I don’t think it will be a proper expansion.
The intro makes reference to the tower above the Maze, so I’m guessing it will be 2 or 3 quests only. One in the maze, one in the tower, possibly a third against some sort of boss. Think of it as more along the lines of the Dark Company; a shortish adventure rather than a new line of monsters etc.
But I’m still really looking forward to it because it’s coming from the Old Guard.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » September 28th, 2020, 3:17 pm

For those disappointed by the shift from Fimir to Abominations (Of which, per the PulseCon commercial, we have only seen one variant)... I have to ask, have any of the master artists within the community started working on card backs for the 2020/21 remake?

I ask because, it seems a no brainer to make Fimir cards to match the reprint.

As to the question of additional old school expansion reprints vs. new expansions, I don't think there's any question (In my mind anyway), that new content would be ideal. I'd love to get a hold of all the EU stuff I never picked up, but since it's not like stats are changing or anything, the reworked hypothetical card backs above can solve that part of the equation in a pinch. And, everything else is available here at the Inn anyway. With the exception of the minis, for which there are plenty of options for proxies these days, especially with the new minis being "Updated" to more current designs.

It also occurs to me, that we could see any or all of the stuff unlocked during this "Campaign" as parts of planned expansions with the reality of those going to retail based on meeting the SG milestones. Consider that a) Nothing say's that it's exclusive except the current version of Ragnar, and b) 200K is more than enough to have the molds made. Once the cost of the molds is accounted for, printing more and repackaging it would be a lot cheaper than coming up with unique components down the road. I'm not saying I'm right, just that-that is one logical reason for such large SG gaps.

I've also seen some folks concerned about grey plastic. I feel that it's way too early to tell if the grey concept renders will be the final colors of plastic we get in the box.

Now for my controversial statement, I like the idea of the furniture/ dungeon dressing, being all plastic instead of a card and plastic hybrid. In it's day the flat pack cardboard was certainly charming and it also may have made the game cheaper to produce. But I'm super okay with getting plastic elements in their place.

I've still got the over-sized originals if I feel nostalgic, (Those, the tokens, board, overlays, and dice are all that I have left actually), so I'm looking forward to shiny new components.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ajjohnsen » September 28th, 2020, 3:48 pm

I agree completely with having non cardboard furniture pieces; these were great at the time and will always be available to use when I/we want, but to have a solid high quality(hopefully) lineup of pieces is definitely a welcomed change for me. And yes new and different furniture would also be a win

@ Goblin King I think you're spot on with new material being more desirable. Its great to have a recreation but do we really need every original asset remade? Some small changes here and there to the base stuff, but after that I'd be happy to see almost exclusively new content. Of course, new for the sake of new isn't good by itself so Id obviously like them to put some thought and effort behind this. That they're employing original designers is an excellent sign that this should pan out in our favor

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby elvyler » September 28th, 2020, 3:55 pm

I would be really upset if the Barbarian Pack doesn't get redone. I have very fond memories of that one. It's also been the most difficult set to try to find different mini's for. What the heck do you use to represent the frozen horror!?
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:

Postby Stig » September 28th, 2020, 4:23 pm

I think I might be the only one who prefers the cardboard furniture - no matter how hard I try I will certainly not paint it as well as the original artist. Agree that new Quests would be great.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 28th, 2020, 4:48 pm

elvyler wrote:I would be really upset if the Barbarian Pack doesn't get redone. I have very fond memories of that one. It's also been the most difficult set to try to find different mini's for. What the heck do you use to represent the frozen horror!?

At least the US expansions were totally original non-GW monsters and setting, so they should prove unproblematic to remake |_P

Also frost giant from Reaper perhaps?
Yeah, it's not perfect... But the Frozen Horror IS a freaking weird model :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » September 28th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Stig wrote:I think I might be the only one who prefers the cardboard furniture - no matter how hard I try I will certainly not paint it as well as the original artist. Agree that new Quests would be great.

No. You're right. I love the cardboard furniture. Fast set-up and instantly painted. Except for the rule details, the original was really far developed.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 28th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Pancho wrote:The intro makes reference to the tower above the Maze, so I’m guessing it will be 2 or 3 quests only. One in the maze, one in the tower, possibly a third against some sort of boss.

Yeah.. 2 million of dollars to release 3 quests... it can be!
But I expect more. The intro is very generic, it says just about something mysterious that must be discovered. So the plot could extend a lot. I hope.
I expect no extra miniatures but at least some new artifact cards would be good.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby tb55555 » September 28th, 2020, 5:52 pm

Some random facts:

9/22 - start
9/23 - funded ($1,000,000)
9/28 @ 5PM - $1,644,238 (between 10,962 & 16,444 backers)
11/6 - ends

Since the first day and funding it has averaged about $100,000 a day. It will slow down at some point, but should pick back up near the end.

with 39 days left

39 days @ $50,000 daily - end at $3,594,238
39 days @ $100,000 daily - end at $5,544,238

-------------------------------------------
Previous Haslab crowd funding

Star Wars Jabba Sail Barge
5,000+ $499 = $2,495,000 min

Transformers Unicron
10,000+ @ $574.99 = $5,749,900 min

Marvel X-Men Sentinel
21,921 @ $350 = $7,672,350
-------------------------------------------
Unshown Stretch Goals

Female Zombie Sculpt
Updated Rules
Druid Character
The Spirit Queen's Torment - Questbook
Joe Manganiello Questbook - $4,000,000
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion