• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Markus Darwath » January 26th, 2023, 12:16 am

Kurgan wrote:They could have reasoned that the person buying it (remember, the general public of potential customers who are adults nostalgic about the original HeroQuest who might see this have not actually played them, by and large--- ask anyone who even owned these back in the day, did they actually play through all the quests? I have yet to hear about any who actually did in those days)

I had them. I'm sure we played through them at least once, not counting the solo quests as we only ever played in a group. Though I honestly don't remember any specifics of the play experience for those sets. Time and swiss cheese memory will do that.
Markus Darwath

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Kurgan » January 26th, 2023, 6:56 pm

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:Do we have (if not do we need) a topic on the forum that lists the differences between the HQ2021 edition and the original US edition in terms of rules, card text and similar (as opposed to differences in figures, board and game components)? I'm sure we do but I can't find it!

Look at page one of this thread!

You can also see the Errata thread here. |_P

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 3rd, 2023, 4:36 pm

Not sure if it has been already reported but Hasbro's Sculptor Liz Landis shared a picture of a (Dread) Warlock model for HeroQuest:

liz-landis-warlock.jpg

Source: https://www.artstation.com/landestroyer/albums/all

It was catalogued by her as 'unofficial fan art', however, for me it could even look as an early concept of Dread Warlock, very close concept to the classic Chaos one... nevertheless, nice to know she also made this retro-look model.

She also shared a couple of pictures with Mage of the Mirror new sculpts:

liz-landis-magesheet.jpg

liz-landis-gate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby BroccoliRage » February 4th, 2023, 2:02 pm

So one thing I'm really hoping for is Americanized version of the UK expansions. Wizards of Zargon (yes I know it was Morcar), Against The Ogre Horde, etc.

I'm curious about Dread Moon. I'm hoping the title means werewolves. I'd also love to see a vampire themed expansion. Maybe a Skaven-that-totally-arent-Skaven expansion, too! They can easily just call them Dread Rat-men or something, just like I can easily ignore it and call them what they are. Kind of like with Chaos Warriors.

I just hope we get many more years expansions before the game goes out of print again.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Kurgan » February 4th, 2023, 2:31 pm

Ratmen were a planned creature from one of the unreleased hero packs from '92, actually...

The latest from Encarmine is that they have plans for HeroQuest at least the next three years (hope that just means new releases, because it just remaining available on store shelves is something I'd like to see!).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby BroccoliRage » February 5th, 2023, 5:20 am

Kurgan wrote:Ratmen were a planned creature from one of the unreleased hero packs from '92, actually...

The latest from Encarmine is that they have plans for HeroQuest at least the next three years (hope that just means new releases, because it just remaining available on store shelves is something I'd like to see!).

That's great news. I hope they just released new heroes along with expansions, I'm not really stoked on my Rogue Heir, seems like something that could have been shoved into the Mage Of The Mirror box for an addition $5-$10.
BroccoliRage

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » March 21st, 2023, 11:27 pm

Rather than poorly written and rushed "new" expansions, I'd rather they finish the re-releases and give us some core building tool expansions; like an actual Adventure Design Kit with new dungeon furniture, alternate board or some large 1/4th board overlays with new room configurations with a digital download package with vector icons and digital tools. Card expansions/alternates. A hero pack covering the base hero's but giving them skill cards to bring them upto par with the Guardian Knights and Rogue...
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Diggin » March 22nd, 2023, 9:19 am

So i learned that the bases of these are like the warhammer round ones, which if i remember correctly are a bit large for tge old school HQ board.

Is the hasbro board bigger, or are the new tiles identical to the ones we are used to?
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » March 22nd, 2023, 2:32 pm

Diggin wrote:So i learned that the bases of these are like the warhammer round ones, which if i remember correctly are a bit large for the old school HQ board.

Is the hasbro board bigger, or are the new tiles identical to the ones we are used to?

The bases are 25mm round and fit the new slightly increased board squares; the 1989 version was closer to 20mm squares - so yes the new edition is larger so you will have some slight oversizing issues if mixing new expansions with the old game - but its not unusable.
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Diggin » March 23rd, 2023, 9:51 am

Ahhh thanks! I was considering getting the expansions, which have a few templates for rooms, which might be the biggest issue
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion