• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Postby Pancho » June 27th, 2020, 3:58 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That’s quite a find.
I can’t see this stuff at the link you posted though, which is awful because I’m itching to see these.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lestodante » June 27th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Pancho wrote:I can’t see this stuff at the link you posted though, which is awful because I’m itching to see these.

Because there are several posts on the group. Go to the "search" option of the group and type "Rod Phelps". You'll see all of his posts (but also other posts where he left a comment), but scrolling down you will easily recognize his images with the yellow miniatures.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 28th, 2020, 3:18 am

Awesome, cheers |_P

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » June 28th, 2020, 9:12 am

In one of his posts he sayd that each expansion is featuring 5 new sculpts, exactly like it was for Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs.
I guess the Wizards of Morcar could be included into a WQP too, like it was for the Ogres with the EQP and the Man-at-Arms in the BQP.
Till now he posted the following sculpts:
1. Sabretooth
2. Skaven
3. Dwarf (male)
4. Dwarf (female)
5. Minotaur
6. Golem
7. Rhino
8. Chinese Dragon
9. Giant Spider

So at least one more is missing. Or even two if both Dwarves are replacement figures for the original Dwarf Hero?
Seems the Sabretooth was an early model for the Giant Wolf, replaced at the end in the EQP. So in this case yet another model is missing.
And a female Wizard figure should also be there and not yet posted, except for the sketch...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 28th, 2020, 1:09 pm

I suppose there’s also the possibility of the male dwarf being one of the monsters, in a similar way to the Elven guys in MOTM.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

WQP

Postby Drew » June 28th, 2020, 2:00 pm

damn this is so interesting. Its so amazing stuff get out after all these years. I like the idea that the male dwarf could actually be a monster. Also I dont think the guy has the female wizard figure. And based on Toco's research there is also a Centaur figure for the WQP. So based on the fact that each expansion would get 5 minis each id go:

Wizard Pack: Female Wizard, Minotaur, Spider, Centaur, Sabertooth

Dwarf Pack: Male/Female Dwarf, Rock Gollum, Dragon, Rhino, Skaven

The ones im certain of are Minotaur, Spider and Centaur go in the Wizard pack, cause it was based in greek mythology. Even though Skaven seems fitting with the others it has nothing to do with greek mythology so Ig they go to the Dwarf. Sabertooth seems more fitting. Im greek by the way so u can trust me on this.
Also Im pretty sure the Dragon goes to the Dwarf quest pack cause u can notice in the female dwarf figure that there is a dragon symbol on her shield.
The thing is there is a total of 11 figures considering this dude showed us 9 + female wizard + Centaur. Im not sure which one would be left out, my guess would either be Centaur since we have no figure of his, BUT he is 100% greek mythology material which makes him perfect for the WQP, or the male dwarf, who seems kinda unnecessary unless he is a villain.

Just throwing my two cents in :)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby Pancho » June 28th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Interesting ideas there Drew.
The mythology angle would make for a nice theme. The adventure could be set far away from the usual Heroquest Old World, much like the Elf and Barbarian packs were.

I think the Sabretooth wouldn’t have been in either of those two packs though, as it’s been confirmed to have been dropped from MOTM in favour of the giant wolves.

Also, we have to bear in mind that one of the 5 figures in each pack would probably have to be the boss (aka Sinestra, Frozen Horror). I’m thinking that the Stone Golem, and the Dragon would have been the bosses.

So I’m guessing;
Dwarf pack; female Dwarf Hero, Stone Golem boss, and Skaven, Chaos Dwarves & Rhino dogs as monsters.

Wizard pack; female Wizard Hero, Dragon boss, and Minotaurs, Spiders & Centaurs as monsters.

But I wouldn’t bet much money on myself being right...

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Drew » June 28th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Im pretty sure its a fact that the WQP would have lots of things from greek mythology, so thats where im basing everything.

There are no dragons in greek mythology, plus as I said before there is a dragon symbol in the female dwarf's shield, so im 100% sure the dragon would be on the DQP, even as the boss.

Minotaur has to be the boss, let me explain why. In greek mythology there was only 1 Minotaur, it was THE Minotaur, its not like its a species. Whereas there were lots of Centaurs or Spider based creatures. Also Minotaur is in one of the most popular greek myths, so im putting my bets he is the Boss.

As I said the dragon has to be on DQP, which means one of the other ones to be for the WQP. None matches the greek mythology theme though, maybe the rhino dogs or the stone golem? Idk to be honest, but skaven and dragon are too irrelevant, Rhino and Golem are more likely.

I like the idea that the dwarf with the hammer is a Chaos Dwarf by the way, nice guess, itd be cool if u got it right.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby Syco54645 » June 28th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Were the quests/rules ever found and leaked? Would be really cool to see them.
Syco54645

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby Pancho » June 29th, 2020, 4:31 am

Syco54645 wrote:Were the quests/rules ever found and leaked? Would be really cool to see them.

The quests exist! Probably the rules, cards, and tiles do too. They haven’t been leaked though. But I now live in much greater hope than I did before that they will be one day.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items