• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: UNPUBLISHED HEROQUEST EXPANSIONS

Postby lestodante » January 14th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Yeah, I was searching the topic on thi sforum because I mentione it before and Daedalus posted the links in the meanwhile.
Another part od this discussion started on the Old Scratck forum but it is currently down unfortunately.
That guy, Skynight, claims to have the plastic prototypes for the Elf and Barbarian Quest Packs (that you can see in the photos) plus he sayd to have an unreleased DWARF QUEST PACK but he can't post any pics because he doesn't have permission.
Other infos here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659319/heroquest

These are the original molds where the mini is doubled in size four different times. Many times companies use three ups from what I understand. These are then viewed to make sure that when the minis go into mass production there will not be a problem, things like too sharp of angles and such can be detected at this point. Once these are a go and everyone from the production guys, artists, and sulptors say they are good they then get reduced down to the size we know and put out to public.
So what happened is you had the original mold sulpt, these were then cast from that mold in resin for handling purposes, handed to the production teams, ok'd, and then miniaturized for production.

and

I have seriously been wondering how to do that with the unreleased set I have. While I know I cant really do much with them other than personal use it would be cool to have my own dwarf expansion set.

And finally this last one:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659350/ ... quest-pack

Other people sayd they've seen this unreleased stuff as well...
(and you can also read my try to convince them to show some photos)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » January 14th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Drew wrote:
lestodante wrote:There are also a discussion on BoardGameGeek!

can you link me up? cant find it.

Also if there are more info on those Id love to know :). Any links would be useful.

Found some for ya. First, a related pics by the guy who has some of the unreleased figures (Skyknight of Heroscapers and Old Scratch's.) He never posted pics of the unreleased 4-ups because of a promise made to the Hasbro gifter. As I recall, Mr. Bistro of Heroscapers (and also Plaid Hat Games contributor) also has some 4-ups and maybe one other (maybe Grunge Bob of Heroscapers?)
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659322/heroquest
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659320/heroquest
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659319/heroquest
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659323/ ... quest-pack
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/659350/ ... quest-pack
Toco (an Inn member as well as from Old Scratch) made these posts:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/696142/complete-story

Search yourself and you may find more.

[Looks like a double-post with some changes as it was being reworked--whoopsie.. -edit]
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 22nd, 2020, 5:59 pm

Even if they're never released officially (and I don't know how they ever could be), just having images of those unreleased quests and figures would be like a gift from heaven. I'm sure someone in the community could get with a skilled sculptor to create a reasonable facsimile based on images.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Drew » January 22nd, 2020, 6:43 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:Even if they're never released officially (and I don't know how they ever could be), just having images of those unreleased quests and figures would be like a gift from heaven. I'm sure someone in the community could get with a skilled sculptor to create a reasonable facsimile based on images.

Man im pretty sure there are a few people that might even have a couple official unreleased complete expansions. The only problem is that they cant release them if they wanted.
The only thing they could do is "leak" them if they care enough for the fans of this game cause we all know for sure that they are never getting an official release.
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 23rd, 2020, 6:37 pm

Yeah! What Spooky sayd!!!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » January 31st, 2020, 1:26 am

Fanboy wrote:Never say never.

It may not be likely, but if anyone could license and remake Hero Quest properly, it would be Restoration Games. They have both a legal expert and top insiders that worked for Hasbro. They also have a great track record. The unreleased expansions would make great stretch goals in a kickstarter.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 1st, 2020, 2:49 pm

Speaking of Restoration Games, check out the Return to Dark Tower kickstarter. It has a few days left and should clear 3.5 million dollars or more. That's the power of nostalgia walking tall. Despite that impressive splash, I bet a Hero Quest reboot would easily surpass it.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » February 1st, 2020, 4:11 pm

WOW!! It is even more that what someone did with his "25th thing"

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » February 3rd, 2020, 12:18 pm

Daedalus wrote:Speaking of Restoration Games, check out the Return to Dark Tower kickstarter. It has a few days left and should clear 3.5 million dollars or more. That's the power of nostalgia walking tall. Despite that impressive splash, I bet a Hero Quest reboot would easily surpass it.

That's really cool, and while a reboot of HeroQuest would be awesome and get new people into the game, I have so much stuff for the original game that I'd want any reboot to be able to work with the original. Maybe have new furniture or tiles or characters/monsters in the same style as the original so while they could fit into a reboot game, they could also be used for the original for those of us who still have and love it.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 3rd, 2020, 6:15 pm

Restoration Games' business model is to remake games with the pizzazz of the original, but with contemporary mechanisms and improved components. I'd expect components like furniture or doors would be usable in an older game, but they would probably entirely replace the older stuff. Something like Monster Cards or Character Cards that relate rule mechanisms would likely be made different enough to not work with original content.

The scale of the figures would likely agree, though the style might clash--who knows. I personally would like to see something of the toy-ish nature retained, but also improved upon with better detail and varied poses. As for the tiles agreeing, I'd hope the squares were a bit larger for the figures to fit upon. I'd also hope they had the some of the hand-created charm, however.

I expect the sandbox nature of Hero Quest would endure though, so if someone wished to put in the effort to convert fan content it could be done.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items