• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Solo Quests

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Solo Quests

Postby Drew » June 12th, 2019, 7:36 pm

As most of you know it's hard to gather 5 people very often.
Most of us have flexible schedules since we are all in unis but it's that time of year that we have exams. Different unis, different schedules, hard to gather.
But I'm still very excited for the game so I decided to give my players a chance to play whenever the want. We usually gather up once a week and do 2-3 Quests.
So I decided, when there is a week that we cant find a day to play all together, to give the Heroes a chance to do solo quests!
That way everyone is kinda happy. Plus that gives my 2 weakest players a chance to catch up.

One just joined 2 quests ago, since we had a hard time to find a 5th solid member.
And the other one is just a bad player and he is dying every quest, and believe me I dont focus him or anything.
Note that we are currently doing the Game System and are in Q10 as a group.

The thing is there are not many Solo Quests available.
Ik about all the official ones: "A Growl Of Thunder", "Running The Gauntlet", "The Frozen Horror" (first 3) and "The Mage In The Mirror" (first 3).
Are there any more "official" solo quests? Let me know
But I want all the fan made ones too, so PLEASE gimme all the links you have for solo quests. :D :D :D
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Pancho » June 13th, 2019, 4:01 am

There are probably more but off the top of my head;
- The Dragons lair (Dwarf quest pack in the same vein as the EQP & BQP) http://english.yeoldeinn.com/quests.php
- The two solo quests by drathe The Minds Eye & Prince of Thieves (same link as above). These are on the more difficult side so would suit experienced Wizard & Dwarf Heroes, respectively.
- Summons to the Wizards Council (the Wizard quest pack by JDean) viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073

Funny you should mention this as I am currently working on a Solo quest pack based on the Heroquest novels by Dave Morris, which will have solo quests for all four Heroes. Most of the work is done but I still need to playtest and type up, and I have 2 or 3 other hobby projects that need finishing off first, so it could be a few months at least for this one.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drew » June 13th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Pancho wrote:There are probably more but off the top of my head;
- The Dragons lair (Dwarf quest pack in the same vein as the EQP & BQP) http://english.yeoldeinn.com/quests.php
- The two solo quests by drathe The Minds Eye & Prince of Thieves (same link as above). These are on the more difficult side so would suit experienced Wizard & Dwarf Heroes, respectively.
- Summons to the Wizards Council (the Wizard quest pack by JDean) viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073

Funny you should mention this as I am currently working on a Solo quest pack based on the Heroquest novels by Dave Morris, which will have solo quests for all four Heroes. Most of the work is done but I still need to playtest and type up, and I have 2 or 3 other hobby projects that need finishing off first, so it could be a few months at least for this one.

Thanks a lot. I found out about Dragon's Lair and drathe's quests. Found them in the quests section. (Also "Werewolf's Reig")
Thanks for pointing out Summons to the Wizards Council since its not in the quests section.
I can't wait for your quests. I'd even like a sample if you have and want to share.
If you remember any more solo quests let me know :D
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Pancho » June 13th, 2019, 3:43 pm

I just remembered another one; download/file.php?id=5710

Unfortunately I think this was the only quest completed for an unfinished solo quest pack idea. Which was a shame as it looked reallly promising. Hopefully my solo pack will progress further than this one did!

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 13th, 2019, 9:38 pm

I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 14th, 2019, 7:02 am

Drew, I just sent you a PM.

Jalapenotrellis, most of my friends consider HQ to be a short game; we’re used to playing area movement strategy type games and some of them have been known to last 8 hours....

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maurice76 » June 14th, 2019, 7:11 am

Jalapenotrellis wrote:I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.

Seriously? For me, it's exactly the opposite. Me and my friends consider it a waste of time to get together for just a quest or maybe two. Reallife is busy enough so when we do manage to squeeze in a game session, we usually prefer to make it worthwhile. We've had most of our game sessions on sundays, starting around 11am up to 5pm (or even until after dinner for a short while). The latest two sessions were fully dedicated to HeroQuest, playing 5 quests each session.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 14th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Maurice76 wrote:
Jalapenotrellis wrote:I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.

Seriously? For me, it's exactly the opposite. Me and my friends consider it a waste of time to get together for just a quest or maybe two. Reallife is busy enough so when we do manage to squeeze in a game session, we usually prefer to make it worthwhile. We've had most of our game sessions on sundays, starting around 11am up to 5pm (or even until after dinner for a short while). The latest two sessions were fully dedicated to HeroQuest, playing 5 quests each session.

Your friends are bingers then I guess!
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Drew » June 15th, 2019, 6:02 am

Yeah well it depends on how much the group likes the game.
I happen to have a pationate group about the game.
The thing is 4/5 players (me included) love the game. The first Wizard usually got bored during the second quest and got in everyone's nerves.
Then we found our 2nd Wizard who liked the game but didn't has a very difficult work schedule.
Last time we had our first game night with our 3rd Wizard (actually Dwarf, cause the 1st Dwarf changed to Wizard), we did 2 quests and he liked it.
Hopefully this one will stick around.
by the way usually we do 2 quests cause it gets late, my players can handle 3 though, its been done with no problems.
We usually start at around 4-5 pm, we also eat in between and stop playing at around 9-10 pm.

by the way ON TOPIC:
Today will come the first player for his solo quests campaign :D The Barbarian.
I have prepared him a 9 quests solo campaign, with all the solo Barbarian quests I could find
For the solo quests I decided to use the "Interactive HeroQuest" idea, in which players choose their next quest.
Made a map like this: https://imgur.com/PDKELtA (starting from lower right and ending in upper left, every time he finishes a quest i "unlock" him his options for his next quest.)
Will let you know how it turned out.
(The Wizard would come yesterday for his solo but he got stuck in traffic and turned back home xD)
Drew

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Jalapenotrellis » June 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Jelly of the friends!
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer