• Advertisement

Last nights Hq game.

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Last nights Hq game.

Postby Lowery_79 » Saturday March 16th, 2019 7:21am

I set up a play test time on Sunday with my Friends husband. Kinda the first time I've play tested an idea with out just having someone just play it in a quest (if it's a hero). I'll let you know how these Heroes change with your in put and the play testing, Any ideas what to do during a play test of a Hero? The plan is for me to use both Heroes and go through a solo quest like A growl of thunder and see how they fare with some changes.

Thanks
Lowery_79

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Postby Anderas » Saturday March 16th, 2019 8:35am

Any rule you are unsure about, test with a mercenary. If it's not good, you kill that guy.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Lowery_79 » Sunday March 17th, 2019 11:12am

Thanks, play testing for these Heroes got canceled but hopefully we can reschedule soon.
Lowery_79

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » Saturday October 5th, 2019 9:38am

Ok, so I played Quest 5: Melar's Maze last night with my brother, cousin and sister and an unusual scenario happened.
My cousin played as the Wizard using Darkness, Detection and Earth spells. He used his Clairvoyance spell to see into the room with the Gargoyle; he and the other heroes decided it best not to go in there. But they knew there was something in the next room.
The Wizard and Elf went down the side corridor, triggering the Spear Trap in the hall.
My cousin decided to play Pass Through Rock, to peak into the room with all the skeletons guarding the Treasure Chest. When he passed through the wall into the next room he would have been occupying the same space as a Skeleton. Under any normal time this happens I'd just place the skeleton in any adjacent square, which is what I did here... so he was between a skeleton and the chest while under Pass Through Rock. He said, "I can grab the chest, right?"
I hesitated, knowing full well in Prince Magnus' Gold established a rule about heroes carrying chests... "I'll allow it, but I don't like it..."
He grabbed the chest and walked back out through the wall. Although I wasn't pleased, there was a small consolation when the Elf opened the chest and got poison gas in his face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wallydubbs

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby j_dean80 » Saturday October 5th, 2019 9:45am

The chest isn’t under pass through rock spell so therefore couldn’t be taken out.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Saturday October 5th, 2019 11:38am

wallydubbs wrote:Although I wasn't pleased, there was a small consolation when the Elf opened the chest and got poison gas in his face.

:lol: :lol:
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:

Postby Anderas » Saturday October 5th, 2019 2:12pm

Love the Story :-D

Good that you allowed it.
Normally there are boatloads of reasons not to allow it, but creativity has to be rewarded. And the outcome is hilarious! :twisted: :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Sunday October 6th, 2019 9:04am

Anderas wrote:Love the Story :-D

Good that you allowed it.
Normally there are boatloads of reasons not to allow it, but creativity has to be rewarded. And the outcome is hilarious! :twisted: :lol:

When my cousin played Clairvoyance on the previous room, :elf: wandered down the hallway towards :wizard:.
:wizard: "Don't go in there... I had a vision..."
:elf: "of what?"
:wizard: "there's a big scary creature in there with wings and I'm scared."
:elf: "Wings? I like feathers..."
:wizard: "yes, but this is less like a bird and more like a giant bat that mated with a buffalo."

I didn't really want to allow it, but at the time I couldn't think of a reason not to. However, since it's all in the spirit of fun it did allow for some comedic moments:
The one skeleton closest to the door turns and sees that the chest is gone, commenting to the other 2, "You guys are terrible at your job!"

And after the Elf got gassed, my sister playing as him was acting like he was high. Since he was armed with a crossbow, she used it as an excuse for every time she missed a shot.

The only downside was my brother, playing the Dwarf... he was being a dick and constantly accused me of making up rules as we went along (mainly because I wouldn't let him search for traps while monsters were present or exceed the number of spaces he rolled). However, at some point the Dwarf developed a Sean Connery accent.
wallydubbs

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Postby Rath of Un » Sunday October 6th, 2019 2:20pm

Rule of cool,

Funny that he didn't check for traps... Ha

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Rath of Un