• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Age of Sigmar: HeroQuest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Age of Sigmar: HeroQuest

Postby Goblin-King » January 3rd, 2019, 8:54 am

So I made a joke post in the other thread...

Goblin-King wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:
Thor-in wrote:Hmmmm, many dark days ahead I see with the start of the New Year. The armies of Chaos seem to be gathering for a new campaign against the world in 2019.

Would that be a precursor to the re-release of the game by some game company (no clue who owns the current rights to the title)? :P

This is the End Times!

get ready for Age of Sigmar: HeroQuest

Would you even be interested in that? :geek:

But really... let's imagine GW secured all rights to HQ and thought "why the hell not? Let's revive this MF'er"!
Warhammer Fantasy is DEAD DEAD DEAD. There is only Age of Sigmar. You can not have classic Tolkin-esque models.
It would be the hyper fantasy setting of Aos, BUT...! The rules and gameplay would be classic HQ. Kinda like the Warhammer Quest treatment.

Would you go for it? What would you like to see in a box like that? What changes?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Age of Sigmar: HeroQuest

Postby Thor-in » January 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am

Yes I would go for it, hoping that it would be as good as the first but doubtful.

As for in the box....That is an excellent question. I'll get back to you on that, I need to think about it awhile.

Changes, maybe a cross between HeroQuest, AD&D, WarHammer, and a little Magic the Gathering.

Example
- Letting more then just the Elf and Wizard to cast spells.
- Let them have spells where they can conjure up minions to fight alone side them, like the spell Phantasm Warrior from MTG.

Spell card Phantasm Warrior
Caster summons a Phantasm Warrior that stays on the board until it gets hit, it has the same stats as the Barbarian at the beginning of the game Movement-2D6/AD-3/DD-2/MP-2/BP-0 (because once it gets hit the spell is over). The spell caster has full control over the Phantasm Warrior.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » January 3rd, 2019, 12:37 pm

Hmm....Would I buy it? Yes.

Do I want it? No.

I may be in the minority but I like what we currently have with HeroQuest. We already have a basic rule structure that we have modded to each of our wants (and a beautiful forum to share it in). We can make our own stories to go with our quests, there is no need for GW or any company to come along and provide more stories for it. To make AoS themed stories and quests of our own it would be simple to pull what is needed from the existing AoS story fluff. Warscrolls provide great fodder for how to make stats and abilities for the new and existing AoS figures. Your own story would be so much better than a canned one. Likewise, there's no need for additional figures. They would just use AoS figures, with maybe a new one or two to go in the box. Why do we need that? We can already just buy AoS miniatures from GW. They're large but fit reasonably well with HQ (I use a large vinyl board, so there's more room). The only possible benefit for me would be to cannibalize a board or tiles for use with my own.

So, for me, no. I see where some people who don't have the time or inclination to make their own quests and stories may find some benefit here, but sadly, using a canned game made up so long after the original would likely turn out disappointing, because it's not the original. It wouldn't be identical so the nostalgia factor would be lessened and with a lessened nostalgia factor there would likely come some disappointment. The biggest benefactors would be those new to the game, which could drive some to explore the original HQ.

EDIT: You know what I would like? The completed and draft material from the Dwarf and Wizard packs. It's period to the original and for lack of a better word, more "canon" than anything new would be.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm

I have to check some images of the miniatures and the game graphic first, only then I can decide.
But considering the style of the last 20 years GW products I am sure I will not like

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 3rd, 2019, 3:10 pm

clmckay wrote:They would just use AoS figures, with maybe a new one or two to go in the box. Why do we need that? We can already just buy AoS miniatures from GW.

While your other opinions are totally valid, you seem to be a bit out of touch with how the good guys at neo-GW operates.
Their releases of self contained board games are now strictly unique models.
Examples being Space Hulk (4th), Warhammer Quest: Silvertower and Warhammer 40k Quest: Blackstone Fortress. Heck, even the KillTeam expansion "Rogue Trader" were entirely new models - even for the Chaos faction!
Only games which are blatant vehicles for models use the same miniatures as the regular boxes. I'm looking at you Speed Freaks... (it still have 2 unique models though).
Of course some of the models have since been released separately, like the amazing Darkoath Chieftan.

But yeah, I kinda agree... I don't really think there is a place in the World for a new version of HeroQuest... :|
The game is too rooted in it's own time and legend. It's like wanting to remake the original Star Wars. Sure it's a bit dated and has flaws, but you couldn't ever really capture it's true essence.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 3rd, 2019, 3:50 pm

Five words, contracted into four:
Don't need that *lemony goodness*.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » January 3rd, 2019, 4:34 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Five words, contracted into four:

Everyone needs a lemon flavored snow cone once in there life to spice things up. :lol:

It's Lemon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 3rd, 2019, 6:38 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Five words, contracted into four:

Ah! Our resident angry old man refuses to accept the state of the current millennium :zombie:

knightkrawler wrote:Back in my day we had to carve our miniatures out of wood! Now GET OFF MY LAWN!
maybe knightkrawler didn't actually say that...

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 4th, 2019, 3:04 am

|_P
Somehow I'm certain I said that at one point.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 4th, 2019, 9:22 am

It is just a matter of style in my opinion and the feeling is very personal.
I am a classic style lover, more simple but with more personality for each model.
Modern GW products are made with a computer (I guess), not really hand sculpted, that's probably why I look at Boris figures sculpted for Litchmyre Dungeon and I think they are great.
But if I look at Silver Tower models I just think: WHY? They look really nonsense to me. But it's just my opinion... seems they sell so they reach their target.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion