• Advertisement

Oldies playing Heroquest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Oldies playing Heroquest

Postby Okko » Friday September 28th, 2018 3:20am

I got this game back in 1989 when I was 30ish and spent many hours playing with my wife and work colleagues. I guess most on here had it as a child so wondering if I'm an oddity (does not bother me!) on here now being retired or if there are others rediscovering this as oldies!
Okko

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Oldies playing Heroquest

Postby Tott » Friday September 28th, 2018 5:38am

i was feeling old. i feel SO much younger now.
thank you.
Welcome to the Inn! :)
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Friday September 28th, 2018 6:44am

I was about 10 when HQ came out. The UK advert got me hooked on it's world. Unfortunately I never got to play it much back then.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Friday September 28th, 2018 6:56am

I was a kid when it came out but I played it with my dad who loved it as much as I did.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Friday September 28th, 2018 8:55am

Okko wrote:I got this game back in 1989 when I was 30ish and spent many hours playing with my wife and work colleagues. I guess most on here had it as a child so wondering if I'm an oddity (does not bother me!) on here now being retired or if there are others rediscovering this as oldies!

My dad is that old.
Well, according to my girlfriend's daughter, everyone over 17 is old to the same degree, so fraggle ageism!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Friday September 28th, 2018 10:00am

knightkrawler wrote:
Okko wrote:I got this game back in 1989 when I was 30ish and spent many hours playing with my wife and work colleagues. I guess most on here had it as a child so wondering if I'm an oddity (does not bother me!) on here now being retired or if there are others rediscovering this as oldies!

My dad is that old.
Well, according to my girlfriend's daughter, everyone over 17 is old to the same degree, so fraggle ageism!

Perfect! My daughter is 5 and she says the same. Well, no. She distinguishes between white hair and not white hair. Well, doesn't seem to go perfectly well now that I have no hair at all left :lol:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Friday September 28th, 2018 11:30am

I was 23 when my Mum and Dad's neighbours 10 yr old son got it for Christmas 1990. They could't work it out and knew I played "games", so asked if I could explain it to them. I did, but when I looked it over, I thought wow, I'm going to get some of that HQ action, and I did!
The Admiral

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Okko » Saturday September 29th, 2018 5:12am

I guess it was the first game I really got into and dispite the decades since did not throw it away. But not being part of a gaming community did not realise others viewed it in the same way, it's only because my grown up son developed a board gaming group that it's opened my eyes. I never realised how international it was. The attention to detail in a commercial game amazes me now, I have only just realised even the small rats have different poses!.
Okko

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion