• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Orc Quest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Orc Quest

Postby Spectre » July 27th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Okay, before I begin, I want to point out this thread is not about the CCG Orc Quest, or its dungeon-crawler miniature spinoff. That said...

Before I found out about that (which I discovered through trying to find ideas to refine the thought), I thought it would be kinda neat to make an alternative set of rules with a whole new cast of characters, Da Greenskinz. Some of the quest concepts I thought up for them were around such things as looting Imperial towns, taking on patrols of elves, helping your goblin allies take Dwarven Holds, fighting against rival orc tribes (cause ya gots ta show 'em 'oo's really da boss), and even occasionally going on a traditional dungeon crawl for more loot (cause you can use gold to buy bigga choppas).

All good things. Except... I seem to be a little stumped when it comes to figuring out who a fourth party member would be. So far, the easiest things are:

*Black Orc Fighta
*Goblin Sassin
*Mad Shaman

I mean, those were easy. I kinda want to keep ideas within the realm of HeroQuest/Warhammer Fantasy, or not too far from probabilities therein.

Some ideas I had were like a Goblin Squig Handler, Orc Arrer Boy (but shouldn't shootas be available to any orc?), or even possibly something not a greenskin (but then the question would be who, and why would they join them?). I'm not actually looking to make things exactly like the 'Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf, and Wizard' lineup either, and the rules for partying would also involve occasional skirmishes between players for not finding things to fight soon enough.

Thoughts?
Spectre

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member
]

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Orc Quest

Postby knightkrawler » July 28th, 2018, 12:24 am

So, you need something like the Dwarf.

*Squig Trappa (a Goblin or Orc who professionally delves in tunnels and dungeons to find and catch the buggers)
*Reg'lar Boy (just an Orc that's slightly more intelligent than others)

You could rename the Sassin to Sneaky Git (a term from Warhammer) and make him a Hobgoblin if want to.
The Shaman could be an Orc or a Nightgoblin.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 28th, 2018, 7:17 am

Savage Orc/Goblin Fanatic/Hobgoblin/Fimir/Ogre/Troll.

I'd make your goblin a fanatic instead of an assassin. If you wanted to merge two you could have a savage orc shaman.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 2nd, 2018, 6:15 pm

Here's a link to my post in a related topic, Re: Anti-Heroquest....or Evilquest if you will...........
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spectre » August 4th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought about this. With all the rooms and all the posts in them, I hadn't found this thread you linked. Thank you, I will happily read over them.
Spectre

Skeleton
Skeleton

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member
]

Postby Daedalus » August 6th, 2018, 10:10 am

Yeah, it's an old one. I only happened to come across it and remembered your topic. Still, your idea holds its own ground.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion