• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Searching for treasure ... US vs. EU

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Searching for treasure ... US vs. EU

Postby Maurice76 » August 15th, 2018, 6:49 am

DullandRusty wrote:
Maurice76 wrote: So far, I haven't found anything that is reasonably affordable, given the low quantity of cards.

check out thegamecrafter.com it is super cheap. us game cards cost $1.66 for 18 cards. you make a deck of 60 and you are looking under 6 bucks.

Thanks for the advice. I live in Europe, though, so I'd have to consider shipping costs then as well ;).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Anderas » August 15th, 2018, 11:47 am

Living in Europe you might prefer printerstudio. It is a little bit more expensive than 6 bucks but the quality is really good.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 15th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Anderas wrote:Living in Europe you might prefer printerstudio. It is a little bit more expensive than 6 bucks but the quality is really good.

I'll sign that.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » August 15th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Thanks for the advice, guys, really appreciate it! :D

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 15th, 2018, 4:14 pm

To elaborate, the only issue I've ever had with printerstudio was two cards being slightly off-center. That was the first two cards, both front and back sides. From there, everything perfect. Next order, over 250 cards, I uploaded the first three cards twice each, to be safe, but there was no off-centering. Everything simply perfect.
I chose the small size of 6.9 cm x 5.05 or something similar (can't remember exactly) and opted for the linen texture.

I wouldn't wanna risk any other manufacturer of choice of material/finish.
Font size 6 is easily readable, by the way, for anyone interested.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Nicodemus » September 26th, 2018, 10:50 pm

I like the discussion. I posted similar analysis of the NA version over on oldscratch's site in 2017, but included just about everything that could be counted, gold, items, artifacts, secret doors, traps, etc.

Pertinent to the conversation is this excerpt from my post over there, which is relevant to NA version and rules (no furniture searching) plus all expansions:
To account for the Treasure deck we need to keep track of 1.) how many treasure cards there are, including growing the Treasure card deck once we get to an expansion with added treasure cards, 2.) how much gold there is to find when one complete exhaustion of the Treasure deck before cards are shuffled back in and the deck is remade (assuming you are strict and keep the deck static between Quests), 3.) how many rooms there are to search per Quest, and 4.) how many pits there are per Quest, which can also potentially be searched. Once you add up rooms, or rooms+pits you can calculate how long it will take to cycle through the Treasure deck. As soon as you've cycled through once you can assume that the maximum gold has been found -- if you allow Gold/gems/jewels, etc to go back in.

So here's what cycling through the Treasure cards looks like:

Note: Base = NA HQ, KK=Kellar's Keep, ROTWL=Return of the Witchlord, WOM=Wizards of Morcar, ATOH=Against the Ogre Horde, EQ=Elf Quest pack, BQ=Barbarian Quest pack, DC=Dark Company from Master's Edition, TGOTH=The Gathering of the Hordes, TDOTT=The Destruction of the Tomes

And here's how much gold the party can find during the course of adventuring, including all gold listed in the Quest notes, rewards for completing Quests, and gold from cycling through Treasure deck (with and without taking pits into account). The "*" on the chart is the Quest where the notes say the Heroes lose all of their gold. WTF. Always thought that was brutal, but in the big scheme of things, as long as they've been spending most of it on potions, they can potentially earn a lot more. This is the maximum though, in reality it'll be less.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » September 27th, 2018, 4:09 am

Now this is a nice analysis! Kudos for this work |_P .

The last two quest packs are unfamiliar to me, though; what are they? Fan-made I guess?

Rewards:
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 27th, 2018, 5:55 am

Maurice76 wrote:The last two quest packs are unfamiliar to me
Me too.

TGOTH = The Gates Of Terrible Hell?
TDOTT = The Dosy Orc Transexual Test?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » September 27th, 2018, 6:26 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:The last two quest packs are unfamiliar to me
Me too.

TGOTH = The Gates Of Terrible Hell?
TDOTT = The Dosy Orc Transexual Test?

They refer to:

The Gathering of the Hordes
The Destruction of the Tomes

Those were among, if not the first, all-inclusive, high-quality fan made expansion packs. They told a cohesive, well written story. Unlike other packs of the day, which provided MS-Paint but maps and accompanying plain text files with quest notes, these packs had both parts assembled together in a manner much like the original EU Quest Books. They also contained a host of new cards representing artefacts, spells, etc. It was envisioned as a trilogy, but only 2 parts were ever finalised and released. A small quest pack meant to be a linking pack was put out, but that missing last third has always been oft-lamented.

While the graphical quality pales compared to most of the expansion packs today, there's a certain amount of nostalgia around these due to the story quality and their place as the "first" high-quality expansions. I've always been shocked that they've never been posted on the Inn, it's felt like a giant missing chunk of "fan Heroquest", especially given some of the packs that are posted on the main page.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Maurice76 » September 27th, 2018, 11:16 am

That sounds like a serious omission then. Are they still around somewhere on the internet? I admit that I didn't look around yet, but if anyone has them available, I'd say it's worth it.

Consider my interest more than piqued!

Rewards:
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion