• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Inndex of Quests

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Inndex of Quests

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 9th, 2018, 7:21 pm

I'm thinking of changing the "Number of Heroes Category". It's always 1 or a group, but it's probably better to specify which Hero is the solo Hero.

Does that work?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » May 10th, 2018, 12:38 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Isn't it Ogre Horde? I removed the S!

How about Quests that use the HQ system but on the AHQ tiles?

Just a column with a "B" for board or an "M" for modular. And the right-hand columns or the commenting function could be used for closer descriptions, lists of what tiles from what game, proxy miniatures and so forth.
Authros and originators of quests could be PM'd about adding these specifications on their own if they want to.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 10th, 2018, 2:52 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:I'm thinking of changing the "Number of Heroes Category". It's always 1 or a group, but it's probably better to specify which Hero is the solo Hero.

Does that work?

Sire you have a good idea there!
B, D, E, W, G as key?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 10th, 2018, 6:29 am

Anderas wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:I'm thinking of changing the "Number of Heroes Category". It's always 1 or a group, but it's probably better to specify which Hero is the solo Hero.

Does that work?

B, D, E, W, G as key?

Sounds great!

I also don't like just putting "4" for group in case folks have more (or less) than 4 in their party.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 10th, 2018, 10:07 am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
Anderas wrote:

Does that work?

B, D, E, W, G as key?

Sounds great!

I also don't like just putting "4" for group in case folks have more (or less) than 4 in their party.

But a quest is mostly written for four. If an EWP has a larger group, then it's their decision.
I'd rather keep the four and enter 6 if I write such a quest than having only the "G" option then.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 10th, 2018, 10:12 am

knightkrawler wrote:
Spookyhappyfun wrote:
Anderas wrote:

Does that work?

B, D, E, W, G as key?

Sounds great!

But a quest is mostly written for four. If an EWP has a larger group, then it's their decision.
I'd rather keep the four and enter 6 if I write such a quest than having only the "G" option then.

I think we can probably enter an option for Quests designed for more than 4, but the majority of the ones I've seen and entered into the spreadsheet really only list themselves as "Group" quests, so "G"'s probably more accurate in that case than "4" or "6".

Rewards:
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 10th, 2018, 10:30 am

Well, in the end, it'S not that important because of that nifty little "Comment" function you can add to every entry in the Google sheet. |_P
Original authors should look over that file themselves to add usefeul information for others as I suggested earlier.
So I guess you're right.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » May 10th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Anderas wrote:Stratos, for years you were editing quests and uploading them. Do you have a list of them ready?

Not ready, but I can get it for you. If you don't have it within a couple of days, shoot me a reminder please.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » May 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm

I started updating the list with the quests I converted. For the most part, I haven't touched the columns past the "Quest Title" column, but I have the other columns filled in. My time is fairly lacking with work, school, and house maintenance but anyone can follow the link to the PDFs and fill in the remaining columns. Also, I have quests that are not from this site (I honestly don't know where I found them). Do you think I should include those or leave them out since the authors never posted them here?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 12th, 2018, 11:31 pm

Ah yes of course include them! Thanks a lot!
And yes, link and title are enough for the beginning. All the other features can be added one-by-one later. Link and title are the two things that are most valuable for others.

We can download them all from your signature, no? So maybe they should have a place here in the inn.

I am slowly updating the category columns. I was going halfway through the barbarian quest pack yesterday.

I was hiding the "Boss Monster" Column because i just don't know what to put there. It is still there, just hidden.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion