• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

replacement box for storage/transport

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: replacement box for storage/transport

Postby aaronAGN » May 16th, 2018, 12:09 pm

TMU wrote:Well, as long as I have known KK he doesn't mean anything he says on a bad way, sarcastic and straight-yes, rude-no. What he means is it would take as long to search whatever you are looking for that it takes to type the initial question. I find it a bit lazy to just wait for someone to send you the link to whatever you need instead of trying to find it yourself. After all this, I do not mean timlillig did so, he might have searched but just couldn't find it. :2cents:

Well whether intentional or not, it was still rude.

And there's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN being lazy, and actively trying to engage in a community.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby TMU » May 16th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Wasn't talking about this topic, just in general.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 16th, 2018, 1:05 pm

aaronAGN wrote:
TMU wrote:Well, as long as I have known KK he doesn't mean anything he says on a bad way, sarcastic and straight-yes, rude-no. What he means is it would take as long to search whatever you are looking for that it takes to type the initial question. I find it a bit lazy to just wait for someone to send you the link to whatever you need instead of trying to find it yourself. After all this, I do not mean timlillig did so, he might have searched but just couldn't find it. :2cents:

Well whether intentional or not, it was still rude.

And there's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN being lazy, and actively trying to engage in a community.

Care to point me to where timlillig was actively engaging in a community?
He hasn't been here since he asked the question.
But we are supposed to serve the answers.
Has happened before, with other members, not so long ago.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » May 16th, 2018, 1:27 pm

I think Aeron has a point.
Someone making his second post here shouldn’t be treated with contempt. This is a big place, with lots of boards. It’s an incredible resource, but potentially quite daunting for a newbie I think.

I know KKs style and I enjoy it usually, but someone who isn’t familiar with him probably wouldn’t see it that way.

Basically, I can’t see why it’s so hard to just ignore a question/thread if you find it dull or repetitive.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Pancho wrote:Basically, I can’t see why it’s so hard to just ignore a question/thread if you find it dull or repetitive.

Because I wanna read everything. I don't wanna miss a single post.
My settings are such that I view all new posts, several times a day, for years and years. And I see threads being opened with questions about things that were posted days ago with almost the same wording in the thread title. It's just a few members that do this, but one of the biggest perpetrators walked right into the swamp all fluffed up with colorful feathers calling people names.

"Just ignore" is not the tip to give me because my settings work that way. I must see every thread with a new post.
timlillig, if you ever read this, I used sarcasm and satire to criticize a way of conducting oneself in a "community", which I'm sure YOU wouldn't take personally.

The kind of people who'd say "Shut Up!" and call someone "Prick" in two threads with hours in between to calm down would...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » May 16th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Pancho wrote:I think Aeron has a point.
Someone making his second post here shouldn’t be treated with contempt. This is a big place, with lots of boards. It’s an incredible resource, but potentially quite daunting for a newbie I think.

I know KKs style and I enjoy it usually, but someone who isn’t familiar with him probably wouldn’t see it that way.

Basically, I can’t see why it’s so hard to just ignore a question/thread if you find it dull or repetitive.

Thank you.
I appreciate it.

KK, I told you to shut up because you were being rude.
I called you a prick because you kept on with your asinine behavior.
You brought it upon yourself.
If anyone is to blame for my posts toward you in a couple of hours, it's YOU.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 16th, 2018, 11:11 pm

aaronAGN wrote:You brought it upon yourself.

"I shall commit seppuku shortly".

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cornixt » May 17th, 2018, 9:29 am

Daunting? As a newbie it was a real bugger to find anything. There are so many subject overlapping subforums and subsubforums but no map of them, so browsing is an exercise in frustration. A google search is pretty much the only way to find anything on here, but that's only if you know the right words to use.

Here's the key, add "site:http://forum.yeoldeinn.com" without the quote marks to any google search and it will only search the forums of this site.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » May 17th, 2018, 9:45 am

cornixt wrote:

Daunting? As a newbie it was a real bugger to find anything. There are so many subject overlapping subforums and subsubforums but no map of them, so browsing is an exercise in frustration. A google search is pretty much the only way to find anything on here, but that's only if you know the right words to use.

Here's the key, add "site:http://forum.yeoldeinn.com" without the quote marks to any google search and it will only search the forums of this site.

I can also vouch for the difficulty of finding things in here sometimes. It's a pretty massive place with years and years of old posts. I'm sure I'e barely scratched the surface of the stuff in the archives.

Just throwing that out there.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » May 17th, 2018, 9:47 am

I'm feeling more than a little vindicated.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion