• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Adding Brawl,STR & Dex

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Adding Brawl,STR & Dex

Postby mitchiemasha » March 20th, 2018, 5:51 am

Josh wrote:Damn, I am not making my self clear.
If latter on I wanted a hand 2 hand fighting system, I can not think of anything simpler than using a single combat die to decide it.

The Barbarian rolls a SINGLE Skull to punch & rolls a SINGLE Skull to dodge an enemy punch.
A Goblin rolls a SINGLE BSkull to punch & a SINGLE WShield to dodge. Meaning the Goblin is gonna die real quick against the Barb.

The Wizard rolls a BShield to punch & a WShield to dodge. Meaning the Goblin & Skeleton hits & dodges EQUAL to the Wizard at the beginning of the game. I think this is appropriate since the Wizard shouldn't be fist fighting much in the begining of the game at all.

Only a SINGLE combat die is rolled for both Hero's & monsters when attacking or defending. This way the Barbarian can whip the hell out of a Goblin, or be somewhat evenly matched against a Gargoyle, which i think is fine.

But it breaks the theme of the dice having those symbols in the first place. If you had a unique set of dice then yes ok. And, it's not simple if it takes more than 1 line, especially as each character and monster is going to need it's own reference to which is a punch and which is a dodge.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby burglekutt » March 21st, 2018, 8:20 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:But it breaks the theme of the dice having those symbols in the first place. If you had a unique set of dice then yes ok. And, it's not simple if it takes more than 1 line, especially as each character and monster is going to need it's own reference to which is a punch and which is a dodge.

True, true, I was thinking of just using a 1d6 for all Brawl moves (Att&Def).

BARBARIAN/DWARF: 4 or less to Att&Def on a 1d6.
ELF/ROGUE: 3 or less to Att&Def on a 1d6.
WIZARD/PRIEST: 2 or less to Att&Def on a 1d6.

MONSTERS
Goblin/Skeleton: 1 or less to Att, 2 to Def.
Orc/Zombie: 2 or less to Att&Deff.
Fimir/Mummy: 3 or less to Att, 2 to Def.
CWarrior/Gargoyle: 4 or less to Att, 3 to Def.

I just love the idea of using a single die to settle it since I've seen some crazy ideas before. Simplicity is key to HQ.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 21st, 2018, 11:24 pm

Now that would work, although removes 1 of the main things we love about HQ from the combat system.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby burglekutt » March 24th, 2018, 4:48 pm

The Admiral wrote:If your ideas are not to someones liking, then so be it. You like them, you shared them, and someone might use them. I think we are all on our own little trajectories. This is just HQ grand central where we can all touch base. This is all just my opinion you understand 8-) .

Totally, I got what I needed since I was certain me trying to use a single HQ Skull Die to decide the extras like Brawl/STR/DEX/CHRISMA?... or whatever for the game would be a hit, but I do not want my players to have to second guess what the symbols on the die mean for these given situations & will either go with a single 1d6 or even come up with something different when I make these additions.

D&D can take HOURS to play & ppl are just to busy nowadays, but if I can help the ppl in this town see there's another option, that would be awesome!

Thank you all for commenting since I'm getting the game soon & will play them through the origional first, then latter ask if they want more options n levels etc.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion