• Advertisement

Heroes Background?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Heroes Background?

Postby tb55555 » Sunday December 17th, 2017 11:20pm

Does anyone know the background stories for the heroes? Or if there are any?

Anyone every piece together any of the background for the game?

Thanks
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Heroes Background?

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday December 18th, 2017 10:09am

I don't think there are any in the main game. There's some stuff about the Barbarian and Elf in their respective quest packs, but I think tried to leave it very vague in the base game.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tb55555 » Monday December 18th, 2017 8:09pm

I can believe that, but I'm hoping some of the great historians here have some of the details.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby Pancho » Tuesday December 19th, 2017 10:54am

For me a big part of the charm of Heroquest was that the four Heroes didn't have a back story; you got to create them from scratCh. You got to name them. You got to give them a character or personality, if that's what you wanted to do. Having a back story would for me have ruined the whole theme of Heroquest and the cool intro from Mentor in the rule book and the quest book.

The original Heroes from Morcars first otherthrow, Rogar, Ladril etc, certainly did have a backstory. But the new generation were just a template of "Barbarian", "Elf", "Wizard" and "Dwarf" that you could do whatever you wanted with. You could be a scumbag and steal Prince Magnus' gold (that's what I did), or you could be a team player and work for the greater good and get the Quest completed rather than search every room for treasure.

There is a backstory for the Heroes in the Desmond Morris novels, but these are are only quite loosely based on Heroquest, and they are just his versions of each of the Heroes and not meant to be the definitive Heroes in the actual game. I think Morris even changed the Heroes in the 1st novel the Fellowship of Four, and used differently ones in his other Heroquest stories.
Pancho

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Postby j_dean80 » Wednesday December 20th, 2017 8:15pm

BQP has some background on the Barbarian and EQP has some for the Elf.
Blood - Good to the last drop
j_dean80

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Thursday December 21st, 2017 9:53am

The only real background I know is just what comes from the intro and out-tro for the
various quest packs.

I thought one of the novels gave more information about the original four heroes, though?
No?
Magic beats the blade every time...unless you are caught asleep or else-wise occupied.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday December 27th, 2017 2:33pm

Some background information about a Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf, and Wizard in general can be found on p.4-8 of the Hero Quest Marvel Winter Special. A bit more specific information can also be found in the included comic. Mentor calls Akron, the Wizard, his pupil in magic.
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion