• Advertisement

Introducing HeroQuest: Master Edition (Tabletop Sim Project)

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Introducing HeroQuest: Master Edition (Tabletop Sim Proj

Postby lestodante » Saturday November 25th, 2017 2:02pm

it looks really cool!!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby Cebi » Saturday November 25th, 2017 5:58pm

j_dean80 wrote:
Cebi wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:Can you add any of the custom maps?

If you want to use any of my created stuff go right ahead. If I post on here it is free for anyone to use.

Should not be too hard, can you link your content? :P

If you click on my name it has links to my posts.

There is a lot to sift through, most it it is posts you have written in, i'll find them though :P
Cebi

Hero:

Postby fahall » Monday November 27th, 2017 10:33pm

Hey There,

I've used this mod, and it's fantastic! Some questions:

1. Does the tower of rng doom do anything? All I can figure out is that I can drop dice in it and they roll. Does it have another function?
2. For users with slower PCs, can the fog effect in front of the Zargon/Morcar screen be turned off? Same question about the flames in the tower of rng doom.
3. Any plans to add The Dark Company quests or the materials for HeroQuest Revised? Both would be super fun.

Again, thank you for this mod! After nearly 20 years without HQ, I'm playing this game again with my family who live all across the US. We're having a blast!
fahall

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Postby Cebi » Tuesday November 28th, 2017 6:36am

1. Well I did have a plan to have a button to auto-roll but considering that the number of dice changes throughout a game, it's simply a dicerolling tower that you drop dice into (so that you dont knock over models and stuff on the table)
2. Yeah revert the state to 1, that is the offstate for the buttons :P
3. I shall look into it! (I believe we do have Dark Company now, dunno if we are missing things, we do have the Dark Company models and the book and any assets we could find)
We are currently working on making basic colorized models for the last 2 expansions, after that, big projects like this would be next. :D

fahall wrote:Again, thank you for this mod! After nearly 20 years without HQ, I'm playing this game again with my family who live all across the US. We're having a blast!

You don't even know how much joy that gives me to read that, that is exactly why I uploaded it. I initially made it to just play with my own friends and show them what it was like, after seeing that my mod had the most complete list on the site, I decided to upload it, it grew since then and I always had in my mind "I want to give people the tools to make the best adventures they can make and make it in a clean and easy to understand way". So thank you for using my mod, I hope it gives the HeroQuest community as a whole, a new and easier way to play with people that are so far away than ever before!
Cebi

Hero:

Postby fahall » Friday December 1st, 2017 9:22pm

Thanks for the reply Cebi. I'll check for the Dark Company stuff this evening when we play (gonna finish up our first quest, Rescuing Sir Ragnar).

Re: fog and fire. The buttons appear to control global fog, global rain, and global snow. I'm looking to turn off the wall of fog in front of Zargon/Morcar screen and the wall of fire inside the Dice Tower. I'm still new to TTS, so I'll poke around a bit more.

Thanks again!
fahall

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Postby Anderas » Sunday December 3rd, 2017 12:22pm

Say
Can I probably add my own cards to the game? I think that would greatly increase my rate of playing.

I don't know TTS at all, though.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Cebi » Saturday December 16th, 2017 12:33pm

Anderas wrote:Say
Can I probably add my own cards to the game? I think that would greatly increase my rate of playing.

I don't know TTS at all, though.

Sorry for late reply but it should not be a problem, though since it is the holiday season and I recently lost someone close to me, I am taking it a bit slow, will only update and fix where needed for the next month-ish.

There are tutorials online where you can upload your own models and mods to the game and then upload them to the workshop. If you do that, I could add them to the mod that way, would be quick and easy and I will link it in the changelogs. Otherwise I will start in a month to add a lot of the community stuff that is being requested here.

On that note, we will also be adding more colorized models soon-ish, will be the next big update before my break, so look forward to that!
Cebi

Hero:

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion