• Advertisement

Les Edwards art

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Les Edwards art

Postby spiritling » Thursday October 26th, 2017 11:46am

Thanks guys!
Last edited by spiritling on Friday October 27th, 2017 7:16am, edited 1 time in total.
spiritling

Re: Value of original Les Edwards Hero Quest preliminary ske

Postby Goblin-King » Thursday October 26th, 2017 2:13pm

Aaaah... to put a price on art...

I'd say anywhere between $100 to $300 is a fair price for a sketch from a niche artist like Les Edwards.
Depends on the size, detail and condition of the sketch of course.

Ask the seller for a quote and determine how much you really want the drawing.
I don't think it's gonna be a great investment though. You should buy it because you want to own it yourself.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Value of original Les Edwards Hero Quest preliminary ske

Postby Geofonos » Friday October 27th, 2017 7:12am

Totally agree with Goblin-King on the price
Just one question about that. Or for all unreleased merchandise anyway:
> How do you know that it's an original, authentic sketch? I mean, nowadays you can produce copies of pretty much whatever you like, make them look as authentic as can be nad can probably be determined authentic only if an art restoration scientist would run tests on the paper / ink etc.
Had the same issue about unreleased metal prototypes just the other day. There are quite a bunch of metal protos sold on ebay that are metal reproductions of the original prototype. Again, you'd need chemical test on the metal to determine the age of the prototype.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for grabing unreleased stuff but I'm also as cautious as a rogue when finding deals like that.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Les Edwards art

Postby knightkrawler » Friday October 27th, 2017 10:10am

...and why hasn't that sketch been sold for years or decades?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Fallensaviour » Friday October 27th, 2017 10:51am

Is there a picture or link.
Or am I missing something?
As I don’t see anything it looks like just a random statement about Edwards art....lol
Fallensaviour

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Friday October 27th, 2017 11:39am

Looks like spiritling edited the original post to get rid of competition or something.
I feel abused.
This is not how the internet works, dude.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » Friday October 27th, 2017 10:19pm

I feel like I missed something
aaronAGN

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » Friday October 27th, 2017 11:06pm

The OP posted a question asking how much we all thought an unreleased Les Edwards sketch would go for. He did not say she or where he was getting the sketch from, nor did he post a picture of it. He did post a link to the League of Heroes sketch from the Les Edwards Website and indicated it was similar to it.

After getting a few posts he returned and deleted the original comment. While that seems odd, there was no link to where he was getting it from so i can't imagine it "limiting competition" in any meaningful way.

Perhaps we would all be better off assuming he edited his comment because he had his answer. Maybe he'll post a picture if he gets it.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

High Mage
High Mage

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » Monday October 30th, 2017 5:43am

I meant that you shouldn't change an original post in suich a way that the whole thread was useless.
That, I think, is how a forum shouldn't be handled.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Friday December 15th, 2017 6:28pm

Geofonos wrote:Totally agree with Goblin-King on the price
Just one question about that. Or for all unreleased merchandise anyway:
> How do you know that it's an original, authentic sketch? I mean, nowadays you can produce copies of pretty much whatever you like, make them look as authentic as can be nad can probably be determined authentic only if an art restoration scientist would run tests on the paper / ink etc. . . .

Good point about remaining skeptical when shelling out big bucks. To help with authenticity, a signature is helpful for comparison with other known examples. If the buyer was going direct to Les Edwards, he could get the sketch signed. A secondary buyer would still needs an expert for verification, however.

clmckay wrote:The OP posted a question asking how much we all thought an unreleased Les Edwards sketch would go for. He did not say she or where he was getting the sketch from, nor did he post a picture of it. He did post a link to the League of Heroes sketch from the Les Edwards Website and indicated it was similar to it. . . .

I missed the original post. I imagine you meant the Legion of Heroes sketch that led to the cover art for Wizards of Morcar.

________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion