• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Making a video (Need help)

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Making a video (Need help)

Postby aaronAGN » October 14th, 2017, 1:25 pm

So I saw someone once make a comic using pics of their minis on the board to recreate playing through the various quests in story form.

I'm trying my hand at using the board, furniture, minis, etc to make a sort of short film. I'm using the DOS/Amiga PC game intro as well as the prologue text from the board game manual.

Suggestions for shots/images/panels to include are welcome.

I did have a couple starting questions for clarification.
In the PC game intro, clearly the first shot is of the outside of Mentors dwelling. And the next shot is of Mentor by the fire. As it matches the text.
But the following close-up. It looks nothing like Mentor. Is it still supposed to be Mentor? As it matches the in-game figure looming over the game board in the Amiga version. But the in-game figure from the DOS version clearly matches the image from the Board Game's Game Master Board.

Next question.
The next shot is of someone in a darkened study reading from a Tome. I assume it's meant to be a flashback of Morcar. Or is it another shot of Mentor? The hair is the same. But it's too dark to get much else.

aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Making a video (Need help)

Postby aaronAGN » October 14th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Here's my shot at a First Draft.
Feedback and suggestions would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQAKcxws7wQ
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm

here is my sugestions:
1. try to avoid to use the videogame intro because it may look boring for the watchers and skip the video.
2. when you capture a video or a photo, always use the same format for all of them: it is very bad to see a video in wich you can notice black columns at the side of the screen (caused by a vertical phone recording).
Last edited by lestodante on October 29th, 2017, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » October 20th, 2017, 9:04 pm

lestodante wrote:here is my sugestions:

2. when you capture avideo or a photo always take the same format for all of them: it is very bad to see a video in wich you can noitice black bolumns at the side of the screen (caused by a vertical phone recording)

Horizontal all the way through. Got it. Thanks.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion