• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Quest Contest (Dice Give Away!)

Topics and Polling Stations for Previous Contests.

Re: HeroQuest Quest Contest (Dice Give Away!)

Postby Decipher » October 12th, 2017, 7:42 pm

j_dean80 wrote:This a creativity based contest or submit a Quest and get in a drawing?

Just submit a quest, design something you would play yourself to be put in the lottery. Quest's will not be judged. The object is to have a whole thread of new exciting custom quests that anyone can download to play.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » October 12th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Decipher wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:This a creativity based contest or submit a Quest and get in a drawing?

Just submit a quest, design something you would play yourself to be put in the lottery. Quest's will not be judged. The object is to have a whole thread of new exciting custom quests that anyone can download to play.

I may just submit one for fun. I don't need in the drawing though. Will start thinking up something.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 12th, 2017, 9:11 pm

I give you "Unrest"

Unrest.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » October 12th, 2017, 9:43 pm

whitebeard wrote:I give you "Unrest"

Unrest.pdf

That was fast.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 12th, 2017, 10:03 pm

j_dean80 wrote:

Unrest.pdf

That was fast.

I really needed an excuse to complete this one. I had a lot more undead on the board originally, but I think the restriction to the basic set makes this quest more do able. Hmmm... the Ring of Return breaks this quest. I need to add that the "time-shift" causes the ring to take you back to the final room instead of the stairs. The hero with the ring would be aware of the malfunction before using it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Geofonos » October 13th, 2017, 4:37 am

Thor-in wrote:
Geofonos wrote:I'll make one as well, hopefully

You aren’t kidding, I would join but with the Exchange I don’t believe I have the time.

I believe I will make some time for a quest, it's not that hard or time-consuming as painting a miniature for the exchange

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Geofonos

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » October 13th, 2017, 5:00 am

Wandering monster: pit trap, nice. Did you get the ideas for the movable blocks and undead chaos warriors from my recent quests? :)

This might show up in a sequel to the Lost Bretonnian Armoury that I'm slowly finishing the details of. The idea was that there would be another board with three levels before this one but it works as it is. I don't know how to make PDFs. Don't worry about putting me in the draw either, it's just to contribute.
ImageImage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » October 13th, 2017, 8:25 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Wandering monster: pit trap, nice. Did you get the ideas for the movable blocks and undead chaos warriors from my recent quests? :)

The pit traps have a dual purpose as well, EWP can respawn monsters at any pit trap. So the more gready you are on the way in, the more difficult it is on the way out!

I've been sitting on this one as incomplete for about a year now. I have used CW as undead in the past, and I do not think that is a new idea.

The sliding blocks like this actually comes from the original Tomb Raider game. And I almost named the Quest that.

Note that there are one way passages / inaccesdible regions (with treasure) if you push blocks without thinking it through... and you can actually trap a hero if you are really bad.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » October 13th, 2017, 8:39 am

This is awesome Whitebeard. But you're still going in the drawing.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » October 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

Decipher wrote:This is awesome Whitebeard. But you're still going in the drawing.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member