• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ eBay, sealed!

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: HQ eBay, sealed!

Postby Daedalus » July 5th, 2017, 3:19 am

knightkrawler wrote:It's a game. It's meant to be opened.
I've never liked or even understood the collector's market for mint stuff.

My old friend who had been Zargon back in the day told the story of another friend who attended toy conventions on weekends. He bought several copies of the toys he thought had collecting possibility, then boxed, labeled, and stored them in his attic. Each year he opened the 10-year-old boxes and sold them. The market for the good ones returned a 10 to 20% annual yield. Even with costs for travelling and mediocre purchases factored in, he had lined up an excellent investment mechanism and was following his interest to boot.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby whitebeard » July 5th, 2017, 6:27 pm

Better yet, how do you know it isn't a defective copy in there with all of the cards cut wrong, packaged with the clue board, and missing a sprue of minis???? Or a copy someone resealed?

Gotta open that up!!!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 5th, 2017, 6:37 pm

whitebeard wrote:

Better yet, how do you know it isn't a defective copy in there with all of the cards cut wrong, packaged with the clue board, and missing a sprue of minis???? Or a copy someone resealed?

Gotta open that up!!!

If you are a collector it wouldn't matter cause it will forever be sealed and none the wiser.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 5th, 2017, 7:03 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
whitebeard wrote:

Gotta open that up!!!

If you are a collector it wouldn't matter cause it will forever be sealed and none the wiser.

Schrödinger's HeroQuest! :lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 5th, 2017, 11:01 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
whitebeard wrote:

Gotta open that up!!!

But I am "the wiser" and I call B.S. on your "authentic shrink wrap". :lol:

I say the cat is dead!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » July 5th, 2017, 11:25 pm

whitebeard wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:
whitebeard wrote:

Gotta open that up!!!

But I am "the wiser" and I call B.S. on your "authentic shrink wrap". :lol:

I say the cat is dead!

Maybe there's the metal prototype figures inside or 12 combat and 4 black movement dice with golden symbols...
I say the cat is very much alive and needs to be saved. If it's dead, you can still play with it...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 6th, 2017, 2:39 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Maybe there's the metal prototype figures inside or 12 combat and 4 black movement dice with golden symbols...
I say the cat is very much alive and needs to be saved. If it's dead, you can still play with it...

You're right. I'm a "cat is half dead kind of guy".

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 17th, 2017, 4:23 am

I'm waiting for someone to clean out some old warehouse somewhere only to find a full pallet of boxed Milton Bradley HeroQuest boxes. I would hope, should this happen, it would drop the eBay prices to rock bottom.

In 2007, I was driving through West Virginia, where my grandmother lived and decided to stop at a Magic Mart department store. When I walked into the toy isle, I couldn't believe all the stuff I was looking at. There was a huge section of the isle that was full of toys and electronics from 1986 or so. They had Nintendo Entertainment Systems still sealed in box, NES games sealed, Kenner Star Wars toys, Hasbro Transformers even some old board games of the time, all sealed. I pondered where all this stuff came from and went to talk to the manager. He told me that a few days before, they had cleaned out a semi trailer they were using for storage which was sitting behind the store. He said then they finally got to the back, they had pallets of toys, games, electronics, you name it from Christmas 1986. He told me the head office told him he was to put it all in the trash compactor to be crushed because they couldn't legally sell it. But he couldn't do it and put it out anyway. Everything was so cheap, like a Luke Skywalker action figure from Return of the Jedi was $0.50. He just wanted it all gone. I didn't have but $20.00 on me so I jumped in the truck, drove back to my grandmothers and begged her to let me have a hundred bucks and I would pay her back the following week. She gave me $50 and I hauled butt back to Magic Mart. In the 2 hours it took me to get back, someone had come in there and bought most of it. The manager told me two guys, each with a buggy, just left with it. I didn't see anything worth buying that was left.

I'm rambling... Anyway, finding a huge lot of old merchandise does happen and maybe one day someone might find a stash of HeroQuest.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion