• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Where does Morcar live?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Where does Morcar live?

Postby Pancho » April 12th, 2017, 10:55 am

In what part of the Heroquest world do you think Morcar/Zargon would have his principle fortress?

The reason I ask is that I am writing a quest pack in which the heroes and their retinue have to attack Morcar himself, with an aim to wipe him out forever.
The basic premise is that I have adapted Mage in the Mirror slightly so that at the end the Elf looks into the Mirror of the dying Sinestra and catches a glimpse of Morcars grand designs and a secret way into his fortress that will allow the heroes to avoid the bulk of his army (he still has a horde of Daemons, Doomguard, Witch Elves and other very nasty stuff in his fortress).
Okay, okay, I know it sounds suspiciously like the Palantir Stone and Frodo's backdoor entry into Mordor, but assuming I go with this idea, where would Morcar be likely to live?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Where does Morcar live?

Postby Madmartigan » April 12th, 2017, 11:18 am

Considering that he controls all of the monsters remotely anyway, I imagine he lives anywhere he wants. And he is so powerful he does not need minions for protection.

- Morcar is Mentor.
- Morcar has changed his appearance and lives in the in-law apartment adjoining Mentor.
- Morcar resides in the Chaos Wastes where he retreated with his army years ago (boring)
Madmartigan

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby knightkrawler » April 12th, 2017, 12:13 pm

He lives in Mentor's mind. Welcome to the forum. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 12th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Difficult question. You can't place the Ogre Hordes Questbook, neither the Witch lord's den, so why place Morcar?
I think he lives together with Zargon in the same apartment, directly left to the flat of Mentor. However all of them are so good in disguising their real appearance that neither is aware of the others.

Welcome!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » April 12th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Anderas wrote:Difficult question. You can't place the Ogre Hordes Questbook, neither the Witch lord's den, so why place Morcar?
I think he lives together with Zargon in the same apartment, directly left to the flat of Mentor. However all of them are so good in disguising their real appearance that neither is aware of the others.

Welcome!

I've tended to sideline Zargon/Morcar in my quest packs, instead having the forces of chaos as a generic enemy. Why not place him wherever feels "right" to you? There was nothing canon or official it seems your thoughts are every bit as right as ours. Personally, I'd stash him somewhere in the northern reaches of the World's Edge Mountains. PS...I did place the Witch Lords city of.....can't remember the name offhand....kalos maybe? in the south where Warhammer maps have a city named Morgheim. The description fit nicely and the backstory too.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Jafazo » April 12th, 2017, 3:30 pm

I'll offer advise but I have to say it, the idea of fighting Morcar & even defeating him seems plain silly to me. Enough on that though...

Morcar would be in another plane entirely. Think, God status. Morcar is supreme. If anything happens to him it's because he wants it to happen.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 12th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Maybe the emperor is actually Morcar and he's sending the heroes on quests to see if they're worthy to be his lieutenants.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » April 12th, 2017, 5:22 pm

He is a boogieman. A wraith. An ephemeral concept designed by the empire to frighten an ignorant population into compliance.

Maybe he is Mentor. The knowledge of Loretome is so vast that even a mind as powerful as Mentors must shatter when it secrets are plumbed.

Maybe he is just one more room away from the heroes waiting ... to ensure their doom.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » April 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm

He has been visited by the four wizard champions, so that must be somewhere?
Last edited by The Admiral on April 15th, 2017, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » April 14th, 2017, 3:33 pm

In Mentor's mind.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion