• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What would YOU wish for?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

What would YOU wish for?

Postby Jafazo » March 31st, 2017, 8:06 pm

A previous thread about the Genie spell inspired this idea. As a kid I used to play the Genie spell in a very simple, and custom way. Casting the spell summoned a Genie who would try and grant you your wish with the understanding that the Genie's power is limited to about the equivalent of a Wizards spell. If he can't grant you exactly what you wish for he will tell you what he can do along the lines of it.

That got me wondering, what would the Heroquest fans on this forum wish for!?

Let me know and I'll reply as the Genie would!
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What would YOU wish for?

Postby Gold Bearer » March 31st, 2017, 10:39 pm

Genies are supposed to grant three wishes.

1. I wish I could always put my mind in the best place for martial arts training. There's too much of a difference between my best and my worst.

2. I wish my tolerance for weed was gone so I could start smoking regularly again without spending a small fortune on it.

3. I wish I had the most advanced hyper-dimensional spaceship in the universe so I could explore the cosmos, while high, and with an on board dojo.

Make it happen Mr genie :!:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » April 1st, 2017, 4:42 am

I always thought about it in this way that if you were eternal you could you could do anything.
With enough time you could amass enough wealth to satisfy any "mortal" dream.
Wanna be a rockstar? Time and money can buy you that dream. Wanna see the world? Live in a great mansion?
You would also be around to see the far future and even help pioneer colonizing the stars.

But what exactly do I need to wish to make this happen - assuming 3 wishes.
The criteria to make it foolproof as far as I can see is as follows:

Immortality - obviously you need to be immune to death
Eternal youth - No use being eternal if you are old and weak
Eternal health - disease can cripple you
Indestructible/perfect regeneration - Loosing parts of your body will also cripple you
The trap clause - Being eternal is a curse if you are somehow trapped. Caught in an avalanche or shot into space or stuff like that. Heck even imprisonment.

How could I make it happen?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » April 1st, 2017, 6:40 am

Well lets see, this should be interesting assuming I get three.

Immortality would be awesome. The only problem is I would have to use all three wishes on my family because I'm not doing forever without them. So to be able to life forever how about you turn me into a Jedi, like Yoda. I'll live for 900+ years in a body then live forever in the "spirit world" and be able to control peoples minds and all that good stuff :lol:.

Endless wealth so I would never have to work another day in my very long life (if its granted). That way I could do what I want, when I want.

Now for my last wish.

For the rights to HeroQuest to be owned by the the great people of this forum.

What do you say Mr. Genie?
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » April 1st, 2017, 10:40 am

Thor-in wrote:For the rights to HeroQuest to be owned by the the great people of this forum.
That would cause far too many disagreements about where to take it and what rules to use. Clearly it should be owned by me alone.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » April 1st, 2017, 11:31 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
Thor-in wrote:For the rights to HeroQuest to be owned by the the great people of this forum.
That would cause far too many disagreements about where to take it and what rules to use. Clearly it should be owned by me alone.

It should be a not-for-profit. Released for enjoyment reasons and not to make money. Then expansions won't be canceled just because profit margins are low.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jafazo » April 1st, 2017, 11:45 am

Gold Bearer wrote:Genies are supposed to grant three wishes.

1. I wish I could always put my mind in the best place for martial arts training. There's too much of a difference between my best and my worst.

2. I wish my tolerance for weed was gone so I could start smoking regularly again without spending a small fortune on it.

3. I wish I had the most advanced hyper-dimensional spaceship in the universe so I could explore the cosmos, while high, and with an on board dojo.

Make it happen Mr genie :!:

They're also supposed to be summoned from a lamp, not a spell! You'd get the first wish. Character switch to Monk! xD
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Jafazo » April 1st, 2017, 11:55 am

Gold Bearer wrote:

This is the best wish so far in my opinion Lol.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » April 1st, 2017, 12:03 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:

Start rubbing that lamp of yours fast and hard...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » April 1st, 2017, 8:32 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:

It should be a not-for-profit. Released for enjoyment reasons and not to make money. Then expansions won't be canceled just because profit margins are low.

I agree, let everyone have it for enjoyment - expansions and all with no copyright nonsense.

knightkrawler wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:

Start rubbing that lamp of yours fast and hard...

You know, we may want to watch how fast and hard we rub this lamp, we might get more then we asked for :shock: :lol: .
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion