• Advertisement

Definitive, Unofficially Official, HQ Cartography Discussion

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Definitive, Unofficially Official, HQ Cartography Discus

Postby Thor-in » Friday January 18th, 2019 12:58pm

wallydubbs wrote:
But in regards to the Garden of Eden, the Bible simply doesn't provide enough description of the Location... perhaps the Khabbalah says more, but I've never actually read it.
But who wouldn't want to boast of being the Cradle of Civilization? Tihuanaco in Bolvia makes such claims, as does Mount Moru in China, the Indus Valley of India and let's not forget the Nile Valley in Egypt... bringing us back to Giza.

It was a documentary I saw years ago, and it was all speculation. No real hard proof of what they where saying.

wallydubbs wrote:
Seismic surveys located pyramidal structures off the coast of Cuba. There was an article put out about this, I think back in 2001 (though I never read of it until 2011). It said more would be reported after they send another team... nothing more was ever said, I'll let you guess why.

I think I remember something about that, but I don't think I ever had the pleasure of reading it yet.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » Friday January 18th, 2019 5:35pm

I have never heard of the Richat structure until now, cheers for bringing it to my attention guys.

I you are into this alternative ancient history kind of stuff then you could do a lot worse than to listen to a few videos/podcasts with the author Ralph Ellis. Absolutely incredible material, and a great scholar.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Saturday January 19th, 2019 1:51am

Pancho wrote:I have never heard of the Richat structure until now, cheers for bringing it to my attention guys.

I you are into this alternative ancient history kind of stuff then you could do a lot worse than to listen to a few videos/podcasts with the author Ralph Ellis. Absolutely incredible material, and a great scholar.

As I've derailed the thread anyway, I'll throw in Brien Foerster, Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, Robert Schoch, Robert Bauval.
One can always start with any one Joe Rogan Experience with any of these guys (Hancock and Carlson together are the best).
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Tuesday February 19th, 2019 2:12pm

Back on topic, there was an interesting map of the northern part of the Heroquest world provided in the second and third books written by D Morris (The Tyrants Tomb and The Screaming Sceptre). I’m surprised none of us have mentioned this map so far on the thread, seeing as its at least semi-official.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » Tuesday February 19th, 2019 3:03pm

Those maps are all over the boards. If you Google Dave Morris you can find his early cocktail-napkin versions too. I plan to use them as an alternate world my heroes can find through portals, since my main game is set in the official Warhammer world.
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Tuesday February 19th, 2019 4:40pm

Pancho wrote:Back on topic, there was an interesting map of the northern part of the Heroquest world provided in the second and third books written by D Morris (The Tyrants Tomb and The Screaming Sceptre). I’m surprised none of us have mentioned this map so far on the thread, seeing as its at least semi-official.

That's a new one to me! I've never seen that before.
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday February 20th, 2019 2:13am

While we're at it,

where would you place Xanon Pass?
Ice Mountain, not on the map
Cyberian range, sounds more like Conan than like HQ

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Wednesday February 20th, 2019 2:44am

Anderas wrote:While we're at it,

where would you place Xanon Pass?
Ice Mountain, not on the map
Cyberian range, sounds more like Conan than like HQ

This is part of the problem. Dave Morris makes a fairly detailed map of the area that The Frozen Horror is supposed to be set in, and yet none of the locations are used and entirely new ones are invented. There are those who say that the American expansions don't fit in with anything else and don't even feel like "proper" Heroquest. I don't go that far but they have a point.
To make matters worse Morris doesn't even include key locations for his own adventures on his own map! Where is Stalag Tor for example (maybe I'm too blind to see it). Looking at his map it looks to me as if Morris planned other books set in this world that he never got round to. A solo Elf and solo Dwarf quest would have been nice. Poor :dwarf: never gets his own quests.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday February 20th, 2019 3:07am

Thanks! So it is not me being too blind, it really is missing.

Then I would currently ignore the names and go to the area directly north of Kislev.

Northern Waste just sounds like it is Barbarian land. There are some mountains so maybe one is icy, too...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » Wednesday February 20th, 2019 4:08am

Anderas wrote:Thanks! So it is not me being too blind, it really is missing.

Then I would currently ignore the names and go to the area directly north of Kislev.

Northern Waste just sounds like it is Barbarian land. There are some mountains so maybe one is icy, too...

I can see four mountain ranges on the map; the Worlds edge Mountains in the east, the Pillars of the Sky in north-west, Le Massif des Geants in south-west, and a range that runs across the middle of the map from east to west that seems to be unnamed. I would be tempted to call this range the Cyberian Mountains. There is one pass through it called the Black Pass. Either another pass is added called Xanon pass, or we just fudge that Xanon pass is just another name for the Black Pass. Ice Mountain could be just north of this pass.

I’m still not sure where to place Stalag Tor. I’m working on building up a digital map of the HQ world that we can amend as we go along.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext