• Advertisement

Definitive, Unofficially Official, HQ Cartography Discussion

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Definitive, Unofficially Official, HQ Cartography Discus

Postby wallydubbs » Thursday January 17th, 2019 10:59am

I totally get it now... interesting...
wallydubbs

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » Thursday January 17th, 2019 12:16pm

wallydubbs wrote:I totally get it now... interesting...

I was blown away. Have fun sliding down that rabbithole! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Thursday January 17th, 2019 12:25pm

knightkrawler wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:I totally get it now... interesting...

I was blown away. Have fun sliding down that rabbithole! |_P

I've been there and back... this is just another side tunnel.
wallydubbs

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Postby Anderas » Thursday January 17th, 2019 2:52pm

knightkrawler wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:I never read Carlson; but I'm an avid fan of Graham Hancock.

But really, that round island in the would-be Atlantic Ocean is probably based on Atlantis.
Although, in "Fingerprints of the Gods" Hancock posturizes that Atlantis was in Antarctica; I personally lean towards South America.

Research "Eye of the Sahara" and Richat Structure. You'll have a catharsis.

Yes, that one's a beauty. Looks kind of artificial but beautiful.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Friday January 18th, 2019 3:58am

there's an ubundence of beautiful natural structures and features in this world. but only the richat structure looks like what Solon and Plato described as Atlantis. Everybody should look into this...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » Friday January 18th, 2019 7:57am

knightkrawler wrote:there's an ubundence of beautiful natural structures and features in this world. but only the richat structure looks like what Solon and Plato described as Atlantis. Everybody should look into this...

I'll give you that. Though Plato originally described it as an island. But there's no telling how different the world was back then. It does bear a striking resemblance to what is described, and who knows what all lies beneath the sand. But how far did the Atlantean empire reach? If it was that technology advanced it would've needed a bit more landmass for countless resources.
To this day I must wonder if there was any legitimacy to George Gudjieff's map of presand Egypt.
I can't discount South America, though, based on all the ancient megalithic temples and ruins that couldn't have possibly been made by primitive tribesmen without so much as the invention of the wheel. Even the Incas didn't lay claim to Sacsayhuamen, Tihuanaco or Ollantaytambo.
wallydubbs

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Postby knightkrawler » Friday January 18th, 2019 9:34am

The Richat WAS at the ocean 12,000 years ago with a sea level of 400 feet up.
It's higher ridges ware probably above water, making it a very weird island.

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » Friday January 18th, 2019 9:52am

knightkrawler wrote:The Richat WAS at the ocean 12,000 years ago with a sea level of 400 feet up.

They say the same thing about the Garden of Eden, that it is at the bottom of the Persian Gulf at the base of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. Don't know how true that is.

There is also a Pyramid structure over by Japan that is under the sea that was lost when the oceans rose up.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maurice76 » Friday January 18th, 2019 10:58am

wallydubbs wrote:If it was that technology advanced it would've needed a bit more landmass for countless resources.

Having an advanced enough fleet to dominate the seas would be enough to have a vast trade network and thereby trade income. This in turn would enable them to purchase whatever resources they needed. You don't need to actually control the resources that you can trade for ;).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » Friday January 18th, 2019 11:13am

Thor-in wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:The Richat WAS at the ocean 12,000 years ago with a sea level of 400 feet up.

They say the same thing about the Garden of Eden, that it is at the bottom of the Persian Gulf at the base of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. Don't know how true that is.

There is also a Pyramid structure over by Japan that is under the sea that was lost when the oceans rose up.

Yes, Yunigoni, but that appears to be monolithic then megalithic. There's also multiple temples off the coast of India... the tops of which can still be seen at very low tide. This has become the fate of Shi Lanka.

Seismic surveys located pyramidal structures off the coast of Cuba. There was an article put out about this, I think back in 2001 (though I never read of it until 2011). It said more would be reported after they send another team... nothing more was ever said, I'll let you guess why.

But in regards to the Garden of Eden, the Bible simply doesn't provide enough description of the Location... perhaps the Khabbalah says more, but I've never actually read it.
But who wouldn't want to boast of being the Cradle of Civilization? Tihuanaco in Bolvia makes such claims, as does Mount Moru in China, the Indus Valley of India and let's not forget the Nile Valley in Egypt... bringing us back to Giza.
wallydubbs

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion