• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest mod for Tabletop Simulator

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Postby Kagekaze » January 24th, 2016, 3:03 am

I'm not sure how many here may have heard of it, but there's a great game on Steam called Tabletop Simulator. This game simulates a table top with some basic mechanics such as a deck of cards, tokens, coins, and dice. Through the use of mods it can simulate a variety of board games. TTS has Steam Workshop support so it's easy to find a game, download it and play.

Well I noticed there were quite a few rough attempts at recreating HeroQuest in TTS. I was never fully satisfied with any one of them, so I went hunting. I found the best of each mod and put them together into one location. I then started making changes, updating cards and tiles with my own versions to make it all look nice. For much of my work, I took inspiration from this site and used some of the archived art work. The result is what I consider one of the best HeroQuest mods on steam and I wanted to share it here in case anyone was interested.

The mod includes the base game tiles and monsters as well as the expansions Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, and Against the Ogre Horde.
I plan on adding more as I can get the work done.

If anyone decides to try it out, please leave feedback, I really want to make it the best HQ mod I can and I need feedback for that.

-KageKaze
Kagekaze

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest mod for Tabletop Simulator

Postby Once was Mortimer » January 24th, 2016, 4:35 am

It looks interesting, I may put some money down for it if others are interested in setting up a game night or something.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kagekaze » January 24th, 2016, 4:44 am

Once was Mortimer wrote:It looks interesting, I may put some money down for it if others are interested in setting up a game night or something.

TTS is always going on sale to attract potential buyers, so it's always good to look around. They'll usually announce a sale on their Twitter page.

I know that it's currently 50% off ($10 usd) on the Humble Store at HumbleBundle.com
Kagekaze

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 24th, 2016, 5:17 am

Looks good. Unfortunately I'm just starting school so I doubt I'd have time to play.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » January 30th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Superb work and good video intro too - will have to look into this. :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragner » February 7th, 2016, 2:47 am

Uploaded this simulator on your computer, I think that is excellent.
I began to talk to his countrymen that the action takes place in the old Warhammer world, so players on voice communication stated that it is not that all just words)))
I shows the geographical map of the master, but he still refused to believe that the quests take place in Black Mountain Warhammer))

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ragner

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » June 13th, 2016, 10:10 pm

So I finally broke down and purchased Tabletop Simulator (TTS) for ~20 USD. My impetus for the purchase was the recent release of an "Official" Zombicide DLC for TTS. It's only vanilla S1 at this point, however, it works really well. In fact, I was rather impressed with how robust and easy to work with TTS is.

Regardless, this now means that I have TTS, so if someone decides to put the work in to converting some of these great alt rules systems from the inn to uploads on the Steam Workshop, I would be very interested in playing.

There is some existing HQ stuff available on TTS now, including some core game cards and a few other odd bits. Also, the colored dice have been recreated on TTS as well! But so far, whats up there seems to be a mishmash of various elements, so seeing a full Mod would be pretty cool.

Anyway, point being, for those who have been working super hard on all of their awesome card art, alt heroes, super monsters, and so on, TTS might be a great way to play test some stuff with fellow members at the Inn. I know I'd be into trying it out. Just sayin'...

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nebion » June 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm

AWESOME. now I can play without being in same room. Though being in same room so much better
Nebion

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 2nd, 2016, 1:35 am

Ragner wrote:Uploaded this simulator on your computer, I think that is excellent.
I began to talk to his countrymen that the action takes place in the old Warhammer world, so players on voice communication stated that it is not that all just words)))
I shows the geographical map of the master, but he still refused to believe that the quests take place in Black Mountain Warhammer))

Also discussed in these merged threads.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Wolf » August 2nd, 2016, 2:10 am

So how does Zargon/Morcar work in it?
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups: