• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Making a modern HeroQuest font

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Making a modern HeroQuest font

Postby Count Mohawk » November 9th, 2015, 9:34 am

slev wrote:But the icon you used does allow that?

The laser does, but not the arrow. If you play it differently, I think I have a sufficiently wide variety of icons now to allow for pretty much everything. And as I said, for fringe or special cases you don't need a keyword or special icon.

Actually, the system I was using used the weapon symbols themselves as representative of their ranges. This is not as self-explanatory as I would like, so I'll be switching things up pretty soon I think. Maybe I'll make a thread for my armory next...

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » November 9th, 2015, 11:14 am

I'm not explaining myself properly.
An icon where adjacent squares, orthangoan AND Diagonal, cannot be targeted.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » November 9th, 2015, 1:04 pm

slev wrote:I'm not explaining myself properly.
An icon where adjacent squares, orthogonal (FTFY) AND Diagonal, cannot be targeted.

OhhhhhhHHHHHHhhh. Ok. I get it now.

And my solution:

Updates are available blah blah blah, you know how it is.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 9th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Victory!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 12th, 2015, 5:55 am

Have been working with this font quite a bit now. It is VERY useful.

I'm wondering if it is worthwhile making a second font of vector monster icons, to match Heroscribe? Of would this break Mohawk?

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 12th, 2015, 6:11 am

I don't think so. You need these icons only in graphical mode, in Heroscribe or photoshop or PowerPoint. So no need for a font there, at least not for me.

I was also working a bit with it. The only thing that I miss is the old isometric white die. The new one has double lines which make him a little bit bigger than his filled pendant,

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 12th, 2015, 7:20 am

Anderas wrote:I don't think so. You need these icons only in graphical mode, in Heroscribe or photoshop or PowerPoint. So no need for a font there, at least not for me.

Useful for popping it onto cards in photoshop, or onto wandering Monster notes on teh Quest Books.

Anderas wrote:I was also working a bit with it. The only thing that I miss is the old isometric white die. The new one has double lines which make him a little bit bigger than his filled pendant,

So we one one point of reduction on that character?

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » November 12th, 2015, 7:55 am

Not to step in out of turn, but for putting monster icons into the QuestBooks I had all the US icons in HeroScribe converted from EPS to EMF. I can use those in my MS Word QuestBook template without any pixelating or fuzziness. You can see the results in the 3 quest books i have posted here at the inn. I've not tried them in photoshop, so I'm not sure they'd work for use on cards.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » November 12th, 2015, 8:43 am

slev wrote:
Anderas wrote:I was also working a bit with it. The only thing that I miss is the old isometric white die. The new one has double lines which make him a little bit bigger than his filled pendant,

So we one one point of reduction on that character?

The iso black die and the iso white die are actually the same size. I added the second outline to the inside of the glyph. I could -1px them if you think they're still too tall.
slev wrote:I'm wondering if it is worthwhile making a second font of vector monster icons, to match Heroscribe? Of would this break Mohawk?

There are something like 1,000 different monster icons you know! I'm actually not sure if I have enough room in any font to add that many custom glyphs. It would have to be HeroDings for sure!

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » November 12th, 2015, 8:54 am

Would break you then. Got it!

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion