• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Gaming-Con in Virginia

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Gaming-Con in Virginia

Postby Decipher » April 6th, 2015, 6:32 am

Howdy all, been busy so I haven't been active much lately in the forums, but just wanted to say if there are any players in Virginia and West Virginia there will be a small fan fair gaming-con in Clifton Forge, VA 24422 ~ 10a.m.-10p.m. April 18th. My daughter and I have a table reserved for two separate HeroQuest gaming sessions. Admission is free but you must preregister and if anyone from Ye Olde Inn attends, please come stop to play a session. I'd love to meet some people from here. Website below:

http://www.conofthemountain.com/

|_P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Gaming-Con in Virginia

Postby Daedalus » May 28th, 2015, 1:16 pm

So--how was the con? Any pics and/or stories of your games you can share in the Saturday Night DUNGEON! room?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby torilen » May 28th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Man...I was stoked about this, and then forgot all about it. CRAP!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Decipher » July 27th, 2015, 8:19 am

Sorry, I've been so busy I forgot about this post. This con was awesome. I have some pics I'll post below. Got to meet Frank Mentzer and my daughter got to play in his D&D group for 4 hours. Had a blast. Hosting HQ was a blast but the pictures we're all blurry so I only have a few good ones. If you haven't been to a convention, I highly recommend going and be sure to take your copy of HQ.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » July 27th, 2015, 9:38 am

Wow. That looks like it was a blast. Not a lot of people, from the look in the pictures. Enough to make it worth it, but
not too many to clog things up.
Glad it went well. Maybe, if it happens again, I'll be able to remember it and go next time. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby GimmeYerGold » July 27th, 2015, 11:09 am

Glad to see these pics! Thanks for sharing!

Conventions are really fun, I'm glad y'all made it out to one, and it looks like everyone had fun, especially at your Heroquest table :D

There are a few gaming conventions in Texas, I should make it out to one as well, and represent HQ, too! :barbarian: RAWWWR!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Decipher » July 27th, 2015, 1:07 pm

@Torilen, they are moving it to September of next year instead of April. 3 days and a little bit bigger. It was small but, there was a small family atmosphere about the one in Clifton Forge. It was our first convention so the first one usually has more of a lasting effect. It was spread out over 4 buildings and we got there late so a lot of people had already left. If you want to go next year, we'll swing by and pick you up if you want. They asked me if I felt like bringing some of my arcades to the next one but I dont know about loading them and trucking them across 2 states.

@GimmeYerGold, I know they had huge ones in Austin and Dallas when I lived in Texas but never got to go. Had I known they were so much fun, I would have went. Take your HQ, I'm telling you between the veteran players remembering it and the young players playing it for the first time, it is so much fun.

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » September 24th, 2015, 4:30 pm

It's cool your daughter helped to run the game. Did you get to kill the red-shirt's Hero?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Decipher » October 2nd, 2015, 5:18 am

Daedalus wrote:It's cool your daughter helped to run the game. Did you get to kill the red-shirt's Hero?

|_P

Rewards:
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion