• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chappy's Heroquest Forum

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Chappy's Heroquest Forum

Postby Daedalus » August 21st, 2014, 6:26 pm

Hello, Wraith0415. Just checked out your page. It looks like you could play The Dark Company on that 4-board. Have you printed it up? If so or not, is it meant to be folded up in sections? Sjeng once made a tutorial on how to make game boards for Hero Quest if you're interested in big projects.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby tasoe » August 21st, 2014, 7:45 pm

knightkrawler wrote:You know, I really really like you, Tasos. |_P
It's mutual buddy! Drink up. |_P
Just don't drink and derive.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 22nd, 2014, 2:38 am

But I have to be completely wasted to do some hint of deriving. I can't do it to save my life when I'm sober. I've got the grades to prove it.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Teldurn » August 22nd, 2014, 10:52 am

F***book is a dirty word for me. I can't even spell it completely.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 22nd, 2014, 3:32 pm

What, f***book?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » September 8th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Most of the files he's made available for download look very familiar. However, I've never seen the furniture scans before. They're from heroquest.no-ip.com. -edit I wonder if Chappy knows about file etiquette and asking the author's permission? Are Bradley Boruch's scans a sort of public domain now that Zagnuts HeroQuest Downloads is unavailable? Technically, I'd say no, but does anyone even care years later? Chappy is only sharing, not profiting from them.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » September 8th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Facebook is actually pretty useful, once you figure out how to filter content. I don't get why everyone hates it. Its functionally similar to a forum like this one, but populated only by the people you want to be there. I never reject a friend request, and I only "un-friend" people if they ask me to. I bet none of you can remember the last time Todd MacFarlane sent you a message wishing you a happy birthday.

Daedalus wrote:Most of the files he's made available for download look very familiar. However, I've never seen the furniture scans before. I wonder if Chappy knows about file etiquette and asking the author's permission? Are Bradley Boruch's scans a sort of public domain now that Zagnuts HeroQuest Downloads is unavailable? Technically, I'd say no, but does anyone even care years later? Chappy is only sharing, not profiting from them.

I don't think there should be etiquette regarding that, unless the content is original. The only reason I didn't scan my own HQ board for the modular tiles I made was that I didn't have to. I am of the opinion that by merely accepting and then using the material I am honoring intentions. I don't put my name on something unless there's a stylistic precedent for it; a title page, for instance. Once I let loose of something on the net, my intentions for it no longer matter. Its not quite the same with stuff like the heroquest card scans provided locally. Work went into those in order to make them accessible to others. I don't believe they should be password protected pdfs, but there isn't likely going to come the day where those who require them won't appreciate the work put into them. I do not take for granted the fact that I have such good quality card reproductions because of the hard work and generosity of a few dedicated fans.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby artisturn » October 28th, 2014, 1:35 pm

joined up yesterday, I am already on Facebook quite a bit so joining this group was a no brainer.
artisturn

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion