• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest 25th

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: HeroQuest 25th

Postby Jerry Hawthorne » July 15th, 2014, 10:08 am

wolfie907 wrote:@ jerry hawthorne no my friend I did not say theft is the American way I said capitalism is these are not the same and I make no such claim, further I said personally I don't care about the legalities this is not the American way that is only my own feeling as I said before ive already bought recasts, sculpt updates, bases and the like from people on this forum. @ everyone my main point is that this seems to be acceptable to the majority here but gamezone is not I can not see a difference and find it hard to take serious someone I know has spent money on other recasts calling gamezone thieves
Perhaps I misunderstood as it was all one sentence. :cheese:

Anyway, this is besides the point. I submitted my article to The Campaigner and included a link here for readers who might want to check this site out. Squabbling about IP and the GZHQ 25th truly is beating a dead horse. The important part is that the game has passionate fans here 25 years later.
Jerry Hawthorne

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Tott » July 16th, 2014, 6:28 am

Jerry Hawthorne wrote: The important part is that the game has passionate fans here 25 years later.

I agree, that's the important part.
I have no particular issue with the Spanish HQ, if they want to make it, great. if people want to give them money for it, that's up to them. I don't care either way. 'My' heroquest is my heroquest, its the game I played when I was a kid and it will never change. if the new one has any ideas or concepts I like I may very well adopt them. i have done so with some of the ideas on ye olde inn. not all of them, there are plenty on here i think are god awful. i suspect there will be plenty of things in the 'new' version i cant stand. (that centre room is an abomination in the face of all things holy and decent.)
i think it will be interesting to see what they do with it. some people will think its better, some will think its worse. it wont make a difference to me. it also wont change 'my' heroquest. unless there are some ideas or concepts i want to adopt. then it might change 'my' heroquest for the better.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » October 14th, 2014, 2:41 am

Here is the magazine that Jerry Hawthrone is referencing in this thread.

http://thecampaignermagazine.com/issues/issue-9/
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 18th, 2015, 3:02 am

Look what I found. Wil Wheaton and family playing Mice & Mystics on TableTop

http://geekandsundry.com/tabletop-mice-and-mystics-with-anne-wheaton-ryan-wheaton-and-nolan-kopp/
Last edited by sajungzak on August 18th, 2015, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 18th, 2015, 5:34 am

sajungzak wrote:Look what I found. Will Wheaton and family playing Mice & Mystics on TableTop

http://geekandsundry.com/tabletop-mice-and-mystics-with-anne-wheaton-ryan-wheaton-and-nolan-kopp/

Wow awesome! And they put googly eyes on the box xD
I did not know Wil had such old sons already!! Well, I'm assuming one is from his wife's previous marriage, as he has a different surname, but one of them is also a Wheaton. And Wil is MY AGE! Those boys look at least 16 and 18! My kid is 2.5 years old lol. Sometimes it's so strange to see people your own age with children who are so much older than yours. I know I was relatively late, but damn, Wil was pretty early! Well, he can play cool games with them now, which I can't :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 18th, 2015, 12:41 pm

sajungzak wrote:Look what I found. Wil Wheaton and family playing Mice & Mystics on TableTop

I also dropped a plug for the inn in the comments. Maybe if we all mention HeroQuest in the comments section they'll have to do a HQ episode... One can always hope.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby sajungzak » August 19th, 2015, 2:57 am

sajungzak wrote:Look what I found. Wil Wheaton and family playing Mice & Mystics on TableTop

If youtube plays better for you, as it does for me on my chromebook vs my android...

Don't forget to make a comment on the website I've linked on the above quote requesting your favorite boardgame to be on his show!

Heck, as long as copyrights aren't an issue, if he can do an episode on Mice&Mystics, and other rpg lite boardgames, he really NEEDS to do an episode in homage to The Original Grandmaster Daddy Deluxe RPG in a Box, HeroQuest!

Rewards:
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » August 19th, 2015, 3:34 am

And about the topic of the thread, HQ25 seems to wake up from the stasis. Yay!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion