• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

We've been robbed!

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

We've been robbed!

Postby drathe » April 13th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Can you believe it? I actually can. Given the feedback many at Old Scratch's have given about this The_Master guy and his Website. But for the current story, take a look as this.

Now these are the files that I personally poured many great hours over scanning and compiling for all you fans here at Ye Olde Inn. Take a look! They're the same, save for the removed Credit Page. The dpi versions, file sizes, even the freakin' thumbnail images and their pixel sizes (230px wide and however high it comes to)! What I find truly hilarious, is with the Growl of Thunder and Running the Gauntlet thumbnails. The actual page scan from the book doesn't look like that. I made those images in Photoshop by inverting the scan and cleaning it up. All they did here was add some text in Italian of their own. Wanna know how else I know these were the ones I made? Download the Marvel Winter Special and take a good look at the barcode on the cover. See the staining on the barcode? Exact same. Not only to Ye Olde Inn's file, but to my actual copy of the book I hold here in my hand. It's my copy. All of them!

Now that I've finished my gripping, I'll let it be. But for everyone else, if you wish to give this guy a piece of your mind, feel free. His email is: themaster@heroquestgame.com and MSN: heroquestgame@hotmail.com . I've left the addresses full for a classic bit of spite. Hope they at least fill with massive spam. Okay, I'm done. Carry on.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: We've been robbed!

Postby DarrynVarson » June 8th, 2009, 1:14 am

Just not right!
DarrynVarson

Goblin
Goblin

Postby xela_elf » August 4th, 2009, 11:32 am

I think a couple emails to those accounts saying what I think of stealing other people's work will be a nice way to vent. I work at a call centre, I need to vent.
xela_elf

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: EspaƱol
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DragonHead » June 4th, 2010, 2:27 pm

That's rediculous, it would've been easier to make a link to Ye Olde Inn instead of stealing your work! What were tehy thinking?!
Clairclaw, The witch lord even The Terror King and Zargon bow before me, part before my will, my power.I am all mighty, I control the universe,the mage of all, the destroyer of nations,I am the creator, I am Dragonhead!!!!!
DragonHead

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » June 4th, 2010, 7:06 pm

To take credit for someone else's work. It's called PLAGIARISM. It will get you thrown out of universities.

Sadly, it happens alot.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » June 5th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Tell you what, if I remember to do so, and if I have the time to this week, I'll do some research on international copyright laws, and
quote some of them to these guys - maybe scare them a bit. haha.

For what its worth, I'm sorry for you, drathe.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby link_triforce21 » June 7th, 2010, 3:37 am

What the H E double hockey sticks. This site should carry the quests and packs, they should carry things that this site does not like minis or replacement parts cause i think they do already but i'm not sure; my Italian is bad.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ndsandman » August 8th, 2010, 12:56 am

I found that site before finding yours. I like this site better. And now that I know they are thievies I too will vent towards them. I agree a link to your site, and still giving you the credit is 100% the correct thing that should have been done.
He Who Dies with the Most Loot
Probably Ran into the Dragon
ndsandman

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion