• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest's Many Languages... many!

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: HeroQuest's Many Languages... many!

Postby Daedalus » February 20th, 2013, 11:33 am

knightkrawler wrote:HQ-Killy made contact and got these scans, from which he will translate into German.
My task then is to translate into English, if nobody's faster.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B47Van3P5U9YUnA5YkQ3QnJLbVU/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

Well, that rules me out. :roll:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby knightkrawler » February 20th, 2013, 2:57 pm

I know, me man, I know... |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby washi » February 20th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I know what "Kami Sama" means. It helps? :roll:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 20th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Google translate is horrible when it comes to translating Japanese. It takes a lot of extra work deciphering the English it produces. Even for short descriptions like the cards have.

Brief points about the Exclusive Artifacts:

Frost Bow
  • Ranged Weapon
  • Freezes Enemies (tempest-like effect perhaps?)
  • 4 Combat Dice
  • Only for Elf

Fire Axe
  • Flame attack (perhaps like fire of wrath?)
  • 4 Combat Dice
  • Only for Dwarf

Silver Sword
  • Silver Weapon (no idea how that affects the game in Japan)
  • 5 Combat Dice
  • Only for Barbarian

Seems the Wand of Recall has been slightly changed too. It's now only for the Wizard.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 20th, 2013, 5:47 pm

The artifacts are designed in a fashion to specifically work together and in succession to hurt the boss monster, who is an evil 'God' resurrected by a sorcerer/warlord.
Prepare yourselves!

The first eight quests have been translated by majikayo here:
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1311159814/40

Unfortunately, he's been offline since then and didn't answer my PN.
HQ-Killy's our hope now.
In any case, there's going to be heavy editing because of the 3-language-translation and then the linking with majikayos previous regular translation.
Probably two versions will be the result, one staying very close to the original, including Japanese names and background (shintoism influences and such...)
and one with a community effort story re-packaging, which I favor.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » February 27th, 2013, 4:26 pm

I don't know if this is a good Topic to post this but... I'm translating to Portuguese the Kellar's Keep Expansion and a doubt showed up on the 4th paragraph of the Conclusion text:

"Kenaron fell before a searing storm of flame that burst against the gate."

My English skills are still improving so, what happened on this text? Zargon attacked Kenaron, killing him and destryed the secret passage as a consequence?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 27th, 2013, 4:38 pm

Kenaron fell = he died.
Apparently, he died from a searing storm of flame (a spell that called forth a flame-storm, scorching him), which exploded against a gate. I didn't read the original text right now, but that's what this means.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2013, 9:40 am

Wehrter from hq-cooperation asked me to tell you all this in order to get a proper dedication out there:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
after two full years of desperately trying to get our hands on quality scans of Japanese HeroQuest material
a hero stepped out of the mists of the internet and gave us the scans we'd been craving.
We sincerely thank and give our regards to Tsuda Kiyoshi for expanding our HQ universe.
Tsuda Kiyoshi has a company which offers many little things some of us may have use for: http://aurora-model.jp/e-index.html.
But make no mistake, a contact had to be made first, and it was HQ-Killy who diplomatically and insistenly did this.
Without these two, the Japanese HQ version would still be a mystery to us...

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » March 3rd, 2013, 10:03 am

pretty cool miniatures there, but very expensive though.
Good work to both on the scanning!

edit: summary of scans:

Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » July 20th, 2013, 1:56 am

knightkrawler wrote:Here's the link to the scans of the Japanese game system materials. All of them.
It's been confirmed there were no expansions.

Thanks to HQ-Killy from Flint's German hq-cooperation.de forum we're allowed to share and do with them what we want.

Now that's cool! I've been months searching for them, nice catch indeed guys |_P
Gonna have a look on the scans and see if there's any need for a Japanese Icon Pack for HeroScribe, thanks again guys.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion