• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Inspired by Hero Quest, a game for Android and Windows Phone

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Inspired by Hero Quest, a game for Android and Windows P

Postby nante » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 8:54am

I completely understand what you mean here. But this is assuming you have players who would want to search for everything before moving on or get distracted from doing those things because of monsters in the next room or hallway or maybe even get chased away by a strong monster(s). Secret doors add so much more mystery to the game. I remember some HQ quests that forced you to find a secret door before advancing

I never said I would exclude secret doors or traps.
What I meant is unify the search action in one "Inspect the room" action, which will reveal traps, secret doors and find treasures at the same time, just to make the game a bit faster...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby KT_Cobra » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 11:01am

By the way, I've been playing the "A World in Danger" quest and am having fun. Again, great job on this game!
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby nante » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 11:14am

KT_Cobra wrote:By the way, I've been playing the "A World in Danger" quest and am having fun. Again, great job on this game!

Please consider the story lines of the original quests are pretty basic (I prepared them myself). For the sequel, hopefully I will have an expert D&D master to prepare a brand new adventure. I hope the English translation will be good enough, I will try to find someone to proof read it.

by the way the development is still in progress and most of the new features have been defined, there are still a few open points. The in-game is coming into shape, I had to redo all the tiles in higher quality. I think the zoom feature is pretty useful, as well as the possibility to move directly to the target spot (no one-by-one movements as it's now).
The atttack/defense dice have been unified in a single screen, as someone previously suggested.

A trailer should come out in the near feature, as soon as I have a few screenshots to put in.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 11:43am

Awesome. Sounds great and am looking forward to it.
On a side note, I did a search for the game on my Kindle Fire last night and couldn't find it. I have the full version on my phone and was going to download it on my Kindle Fire to play on it at work so I don't run down my phone's battery, but I couldn't find it on the market. Could it be because my Kindle's software needs updating or.....? I'll look a little further into it.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby nante » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 12:05pm

KT_Cobra wrote:Awesome. Sounds great and am looking forward to it.
On a side note, I did a search for the game on my Kindle Fire last night and couldn't find it. I have the full version on my phone and was going to download it on my Kindle Fire to play on it at work so I don't run down my phone's battery, but I couldn't find it on the market. Could it be because my Kindle's software needs updating or.....? I'll look a little further into it.

Never published on Amazon, sorry ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby nante » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 12:36pm

by the way I'm in need of a title for the game (a sub-title actually), something like "Arcane Quest 2 - The adventure continues", or "Arcane Quest 2 - Dark encounters" (OK, these suck, hopefully someone has a better idea)

:gargoyle: :gargoyle:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 1:28pm

I'll try to think of something, I guess.

Note* - Berserk: "The warrior fury is unleashed, allowing him to throw 2 additional attack dice until any enemy is visible."
I'm not sure I understand this. Is it because of the way it's worded or...?

Is it supposed to state "...until all enemies are no longer visible"?
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 7:48pm

If there is only one search function for traps, secret doors, and treasure, then there would be no possibility for a trap on a treasure chest. Well, it may be possible, but less dangerous and less fun. It would take away the element of surprise or the satisfaction of "catching it" before anyone got hurt.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby nante » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 10:54pm

sajungzak wrote:If there is only one search function for traps, secret doors, and treasure, then there would be no possibility for a trap on a treasure chest. Well, it may be possible, but less dangerous and less fun. It would take away the element of surprise or the satisfaction of "catching it" before anyone got hurt.

Wrong, the generic "search room for treasures" action (button on the top of the screen) will never trigger a trap or monster, and it also has low % to find something good.

What you talking about is the "search chest" action, which you trigger by tapping on a chest. This action would not be changed in any way. This is also the one that can trigger traps/monsters.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KT_Cobra » Tuesday August 19th, 2014 11:18pm

Nante, just a suggestion about multiplayer:
You mentioned before that you're not sure if you're going to implement it, and if you do, you're not sure if it's going to be real-time multiplayer or delayed turn-based.
I just want to throw in my opinion while you're developing part 2. Make it delayed turn-based if possible. For example, if three players are playing cooperatively, one player takes a turn and ends his/her turn which then sends a notice to their teammate's phone (device) notifying them that it's their turn, and so on. A quest can go on for quite some time like this, but it can also be pretty quick if everyone is away from work.
Again, just a suggestion.
KT_Cobra

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion