• Advertisement

Inspired by Hero Quest, a game for Android and Windows Phone

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Inspired by Hero Quest, a game for Android and Windows P

Postby Decipher » Wednesday June 19th, 2013 3:45am

Got it and it is awesome. Got the editor too. This is soooooo freaking cool.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday June 19th, 2013 5:39am

What's the difference between the ultimate and free editions?

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby nante » Thursday June 20th, 2013 6:18am

Sjeng wrote:What's the difference between the ultimate and free editions?

The Ultimate Edition gives two more quests and removes the in-game ADs ;-)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Thursday June 20th, 2013 6:20am

there are ads ingame? ugh. Well, I'll try the free one, if I like it, I'll buy it :)

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » Friday June 21st, 2013 2:33am

Well, I've playtested it. A few thing I feel really need to be improved on:

1. Movement rolls. I don't want to tap three times for a movement roll. Now I have to tap the dice icon, then the dice to roll, then again to stop rolling... I say: tap the icon once, and the program rolls for you. Done.
2. Attack rolls: same. Tap once in the attack window, and stop automatically.
3. Movement on the board: I can't pass other heroes like I want to, only in a straight line. That really needs to be fixed.
4. Movement 2: instead of tapping each square, can't you like draw a line with your finger? just a minor point though.
5. Scrolling on the map is SLOW. When I swipe my finger, the board hardly moves. I need to swipe a LOT to get a good view of the layout. Annoying when heroes are far apart. (I have a 7" tablet)
6. I'm missing an EXIT button in the shop and certain info windows. In the shop I needed to tap the "back" button on my tablet, but that sometimes exits the program in certain games/apps. I prefer an ingame back button.
7. Orcs should be orcs, not ogres. But that's just my opinion.

Improve on that, and you get a full review from me with 5 stars over at the HQ blog ;)

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Spiky » Friday June 21st, 2013 9:23am

Sjeng wrote:1. Movement rolls. I don't want to tap three times for a movement roll. Now I have to tap the dice icon, then the dice to roll, then again to stop rolling... I say: tap the icon once, and the program rolls for you. Done.

There's an 'automatic dice' option in the settings menu that fixes this.

I've finished it and really liked it even with the few small flaws

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby nante » Sunday June 23rd, 2013 11:24pm

Sjeng wrote:Well, I've playtested it. A few thing I feel really need to be improved on:

1. Movement rolls. I don't want to tap three times for a movement roll. Now I have to tap the dice icon, then the dice to roll, then again to stop rolling... I say: tap the icon once, and the program rolls for you. Done.
3. Movement on the board: I can't pass other heroes like I want to, only in a straight line. That really needs to be fixed.
4. Movement 2: instead of tapping each square, can't you like draw a line with your finger? just a minor point though.
5. Scrolling on the map is SLOW. When I swipe my finger, the board hardly moves. I need to swipe a LOT to get a good view of the layout. Annoying when heroes are far apart. (I have a 7" tablet)
6. I'm missing an EXIT button in the shop and certain info windows. In the shop I needed to tap the "back" button on my tablet, but that sometimes exits the program in certain games/apps. I prefer an ingame back button.
7. Orcs should be orcs, not ogres. But that's just my opinion.

Improve on that, and you get a full review from me with 5 stars over at the HQ blog ;)

Hi,
let me answer your questions:
1 and 2. As someone already said, there's an option in the settings to turn on automatic dice, so you don't have to tap to roll
3 and 4. It's a limit of the game, it might be improved in the future, but at the moment it just cannot be done
5. There's an option for the scrolling speed as well. I know by default the scrolling is a bit slow, I will change the default value in a future update
6. It might be a good idea, let me see ;)
7. Without a proper graphics designer, I have to use what I find around for free :)

Kind regards

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
nante

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Arcane Quest

Postby poopgrinder » Thursday October 31st, 2013 4:05pm

Hey all, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not yet, but I found a game on my windows phone called "arcane quest". Its basically HQ for your phone. Its a pretty fun game so I figured I share this with everyone. Have fun!
poopgrinder

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Re: Arcane Quest

Postby Sjeng » Thursday October 31st, 2013 4:32pm

Yeah theres a topic on it somewhere. Try the search function, you should be able to find the topic. I think it has more similar games.

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Hemogoblin » Sunday April 6th, 2014 7:39pm

Oh man! Thanks for this! I bought the ultimate edition sight unseen, installing it now.

I'm still upset that Warhammer Quest hasn't made its way to Android yet, though.
The Hemogoblin

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion