• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Monster slaying cost

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Monster slaying cost

Postby thequester » Sunday May 28th, 2017 3:27am

The Questimator is a great tool for those particular purposes, no doubt about it! :D

What I contribute is just basic research that can be used in all kinds of ways, as I maybe hinted in the first post of this thread.
And I have ideas for more ways to utilize MSC numbers than I hinted there - others may have other ideas.

Some research has certain aims, other research has other aims, I'd say as long as we all have fun contributing the results of our various efforts regarding the game we all love, that should be a good thing. :D

|_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir!
thequester

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday May 28th, 2017 7:31am

Wouldn't the order of Heroes change the numbers drastically? I use the Barbarian as the Closer. He is the last one in the room to beat up the "Boss". The Dwarf jumps in first for the initial fight. The Wizard second to beat up a pesky Goblin. Elf third to thump more monsters.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday May 28th, 2017 8:05am

Yes it does, though not as much as one would think. Maybe except for that annoying blockergoblin

You have to know your group to make precise predictions. Or you make a more general prediction and accept and take into account that it may deviate. :)

@thequester:
Sure. I still didn't retire my simulation tool just because sometimes I want to compare monsters with each other, sometimes I want to see what has more influence attack or BP and so on, small things. I also have the hand on the code so I can implement special dicing procedures or spell rules and see how they play out.

The question was more for Daedalus, as he let you calculate something.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Monday July 3rd, 2017 4:47pm

The main reason I wanted more MSC info for the Ogres was to have it posted and available in this thread. For Heroes with 2 attack dice and 2 defend dice, I now have this to compare:

thequester MSC
Ogre Warrior 11.2
Ogre Champion 14.9
Ogre Chieftain 21.6
Ogre Lord 27

Judging from earlier work, I expect the Questimator and your averaged results of both Hero and monster as first attacker to come pretty close. Actually, your program should come closer, as the Questimator uses an average of four Heroes.

As thequester has already mentioned, his findings could have alternative applications. In my case, I will use them to evaluate my own poor man's formula. The Questimator's results are just as valid for my purpose. Unfortunately, I lack a copy of Excel and therefore don't have them available.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion