• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Recruiting Heroes

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Recruiting Heroes

Postby drathe » March 21st, 2009, 11:56 pm

I have a good friend who has recently expressed interest in HeroQuest. Problem is, I already have a few gaming groups I play with occasionally that are either full, far ahead in the game, or both. I'm out of people to play other Heroes as far as I know, which is unfortunate because I really enjoy playing the game when ever I can and the more people that play, the better the game becomes.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the best way to introduce new people to HeroQuest? How does everyone else find their new Heroes?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Recruiting Heroes

Postby HeroQuestFrance » March 31st, 2009, 4:28 pm

I think when you have expensive Dwarven Forge sets, the interest comes alone ... thousand of people who saw my collection wanted to play no matter if the rules were simple or not they were hypnotised by the dunjeons exposed and wanted to touch it to play into this universe.
Once they are addicted to their character, they cannot survive without a party each week and its adventures.
I promise you a magical spell full of catching photos for this summer right here.

Try to resist yourself by clicking here :
http://www.dwarvenforge.info/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mwhahahaha

So more new characters is a good thing.My parties count around 10 people right now.Soon we rent a bus to goto my house !

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 31st, 2009, 5:03 pm

That stuff is just awesome! The only way I am able to resist are for the following reasons.

1. I don't have the painting skill.
2. I don't have the patience to gain the painting skill.
and most importantly
3. I just don't have the room for such a set up.

My dreams and plans do one day include such a massive hobby room in which to enjoy all of life's HeroQuest gaming goodness.

Maybe I should find some space to just have the HeroQuest board set up in a dungeon fashion for people to see and be enticed by. I have a enough systems that I could set one up and still play with another, saving time. I just don't have any good space in the social areas for it to be seen. Maybe one day in another house.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby burglekutt » April 2nd, 2018, 5:23 pm

This is why D&D does not compare to Hero's Quest. HQ is a short game with easy dice to understand where the player is not surprised as to why they have or don't have what it takes to win. This is the allure of it.

I will always say the same thing that it is the simple Skull dice that make this game what it is. New players learn those dice quick & that gives them comfort. If they don't want to deal with percentages & heavy math calculations, HQ cuts all that crap down to size.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » April 2nd, 2018, 10:57 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:I think when you have expensive Dwarven Forge sets, the interest comes alone ... thousand of people who saw my collection wanted to play no matter if the rules were simple or not they were hypnotised by the dunjeons exposed and wanted to touch it to play into this universe.
Once they are addicted to their character, they cannot survive without a party each week and its adventures.
I promise you a magical spell full of catching photos for this summer right here.

Try to resist yourself by clicking here :
http://www.dwarvenforge.info/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mwhahahaha

So more new characters is a good thing.My parties count around 10 people right now.Soon we rent a bus to goto my house !

'

the newest dwarvenforge is even better for heroquest. the last kickstarter is all dungeon stuff and can be used to reconstuct the HQ dungeon (although more than likely need to use 2 square passages as opposed to single square passages). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dungeon-of-doom-handcrafted-game-terrain-by-dwarve

I picked up a bunch of the kickstarter, but it all becomes available after the kickstarter ships in early June. one other plus is you can get it pre painted!

the next kickstarter they are doing is likely starting in late june to july and will be caverns. Could be nice to incorporate with the keller's keep expansion.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion