• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

*RARE?* Black Fimir

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

*RARE?* Black Fimir

Postby shy-design » September 24th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Hello Everyone.
Please help me out here. I have some interesting finds to discuss. I was in my local hobby shop the other day looking around for some HQ compatible stuff. And whats great about this shop is that they buy old and used merch from their customers if the think they could resell it. So from time to time I have come across miscellaneous HQ pieces that people decided to get rid of. And the other day I found about a dozen fimirs in a box of random "loose" miniatures. and too my surprise two of them were black. not painted but molded out of black plastic. I have some experience with making molds of my own and these seem to be molded from the original, not from someones home grown kit.

so I bought them, namely to bring it up here on the forum, but also to see if anyone would be interested in picking these up from me. I am not a completest per say , and I paint all of my miniatures any way. But I thought that someone out there might like to have these bad boys especially those who keep their pieces in the original state or who is just a collector.

so what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: *RARE?* Black Fimir

Postby shy-design » September 24th, 2012, 12:44 pm

to prove that it is indeed plastic not just a paint job... I made a small drill point under the foot to show that the plastic is black all the way through.

so does anyone know where these black fimir might have come from? thats really what I am hoping to find out. a special release maybe? or perhaps just a fluke?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » September 24th, 2012, 1:11 pm

I'm a very wealthy collector, but now your figure is worthless because you drilled that hole! Bah! Begone peasant!

Very interesting and cool find. The only other black figures I can think of are the wizards from WoM. That was an European expansion, so these might also be from Europe? Just speculating here.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby shy-design » September 24th, 2012, 3:26 pm

oh shucks, I could've been rich!

ah well well thats a good assumption though, Goblin-King. I have seen those black WoM miniatures before.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » September 25th, 2012, 2:30 pm

I've seen pictures of the ogres in the same black plastic somewhere. Looking at the base edges, these are from the American molds.

I would be interested in them depending on the price and shipping to Canada. Even the one that's been drilled. ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby shy-design » September 26th, 2012, 10:18 am

cool. it would be my honor good sir to send these your way. A small token to represent my gratitude for keeping this amazing site up and running. I wouldn't be having as much fun, and ease bringing heroquest back into my life without the help of yeoldeinn.com.

just message me your address and I shall send them to you. if the postage is too expensive I will let you know, but I doubt it will be that much.

message me here or send me an email : shydesign{at}me{dot}com

p.s. the drill hole is very minor, it does not puncture through to the other side... not even close.

Rewards:
shy-design

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » September 26th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Never saw them before.

I couldn't think of a better person to get them than drathe. Rock on.
:)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » October 9th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Some Ogres were black.

But I have a black Chaos Warrior myself, only one I've ever seen.

Last edited by herman_the_german on October 10th, 2015, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » October 10th, 2015, 2:47 am

Great find. I'm always looking for HQ stuff at yard sales and markets when I am out and about. Now on to the topic at hand. I do recall my cousins version of HQ had black Chaos Warriors when we got ours. Both my copy and his was ordered from the Sears catalog back in November of 89, but he had black minis and I had standard grey. After we opened our boxes, I remember asking my cousin to swap out half of my grey ones for his black ones, but he never did. Would have been awesome to have some black minis.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby slev » November 3rd, 2015, 5:18 am

THose dark blue Ogres where the three ogre characters from AtOH. The basic Ogres in there where orange.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion