• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What order should the quest packs be played?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

What order should the quest packs be played?

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:43 pm

I've heard people give different playing orders for the quest packs, but I think the general consensus is:

Main System
Kellar's Keep
Return of the Witch Lord
Against the Ogre Horde
Wizards of Morcar/Zargon
BQP
EQP
Dark Company

The first five have clues to the order found in various info. Agin's Inn(RIP) had a nice layout of this. It can still possibly be found at this link via the wonderful wayback machine.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:53am
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What order should the quest packs be played?

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:44 pm

That's the way I plan on doing it, along with the other single Quests kind of thrown in at random, just to change the pace of things.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:46am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Thats the way i planned on doing it if i ever got a group together here, with the individuals thrown in randomly also.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 11:07am
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:46 pm

My layout is totally different! Just kidding :lol:

That's the route I also take for the official quest packs. I too throw in the other quests in between to break things up a bit, and I put a few of my homebrew stuff in between too.

There is one thing I've done differently however. The last time I played through nearly the entire set, I ran the solo quests in the Elf and Barbarian packs at the same time (two boards). That way I didn't need to schedule solo sessions for everyone. Then the players chose which pack they wanted to play though first, EQP, or BQP. They chose EQP then BQP.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 12:03pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:47 pm

drathe: In your opinion is BQP harder than EQP or vice versa?

Phoenix: You said your quest packs will be after the Dark Company, but what order will those be in? And do you have any intention of using Nicodemus' quest packs?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:29pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:48 pm

I find the Barbarian Pack has a higher difficulty. Sure the Elf Pack has some Ogres, but have you seen what the Yeti can do?

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:33pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:48 pm

No. I've never played either!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:44pm
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:49 pm

You should check him out. The Polar Warbear is a real treat too!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 08:49pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:50 pm

As of right now, I have the Quests laid out as follows:

"The Maze"
The Main Game System
(starting w/ "The Trial")
Kellar's Keep
Return of the Witch Lord
"Plague of Zombies"
Against the Ogre Horde
"Inn of Chaos"
Wizards of Zargon
"A Growl of Thunder"
"Running the Gauntlet"

BQP: The Frozen Horror
"Revenge of the Weather-Man"
EQP: Mage in the Mirror
Dark Company
"The Halls of Durrag-Dol"
"The Eyes of Chaos"

The Agin's Inn Contestant Quests
Return of the Witch Queen
Eve of Chaos
Vengeance for Vengeance

Probably more of drathe's Quests
Then, Nicodemus' Quests.

All in all, close to 150+ Quests

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:05pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:52 pm

That's a whole lotta questin'.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday January 15th, 2008 09:09pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion