• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My how I've grown

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

My how I've grown

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:30 pm

I've been going through all the quests I've created over the years to find some that are worthy of public release, and boy, did I make some crappy ones back in my early years of Hero Quest. Some so bad in fact, that I'm not sure anything from them is even salvageable. They are almost embarrasing to say the least. But, as with anything, it's a learning process that takes time and experience to perfect.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Tuesday August 7th, 2007 03:38pm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My how I've grown

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Are you going to post any of them? The salvageable ones, I mean. And are you still interested in having me compile them for you?

Haven't seen you on the board(s) in a while, just curious...

Phoenix

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday August 8th, 2007 02:32am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Indeed I am planning on posting them. I'm just going to rework a few first. I do have a couple quest packs planned for release, but some use tiles that weren't for public distribution. I've asked my cousin who is a graphics designer if he could make me some in his spare time that I can release along with the quest packs, but he seems to be very busy. I'd love to do them myself, but I haven't the skills.

If you would like to compile any of the quests I release, feel free. It is surely welcomed. I do prefer your format to my own. It just presents so much better. All I ask is that you send me a copy that I may host them here as well.

It has been a while since I've frequented the boards. Motivation is a factor, and I've also been working on a few other projects. Hobbies tend to get pushed aside when life gets busy.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Wednesday August 8th, 2007 10:22am

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby zep » March 6th, 2009, 9:32 pm

When I first got back into HQ I found a quest I had designed as a kid. It was quite dreadful. I think I tried to put as many monsters as possible in the damn thing!

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Friday January 11th, 2008 02:03am
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » March 6th, 2009, 9:34 pm

I found one that I made, it looked like "The Trial", Part II. Every single piece of furniture was used, every single monster, tile; you name it. It was kind of pathetic...

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 14th, 2008 09:07pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:

Postby drathe » March 6th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Ah, the good ol'Kitchen Sink quests. I remember making some of those.

Post Transfer from Old Forum - Original Post Date: Monday January 14th, 2008 09:10pm

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion