• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

EQP: The Mage of the Mirror Remake Main Thread!

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Re: EQP: The Mage of the Mirror Remake Main Thread!

Postby Kurgan » March 2nd, 2023, 10:43 pm

Nice vector graphics... like with the English edition of Frozen Horror, a certain squidgemonster is especially going to be very pleased... ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby SirRick » January 9th, 2024, 8:17 pm

Since the main thread is locked, I read a post from wallydubs mentioning about the Rogue using the Elf artifacts. This encouraged me to open the box and peruse the contents. That is when I noticed something….

Is anyone else disturbed be how large the male Elf miniature is? The scale still seems the same, its just that he is very large compared to all the other elf miniatures, good and bad. He might be larger than the Barbarian. He seems closer in size to the Orc Bard. He probably has an ancestor who was a human barbarian or a basketball player.

Since the miniature is so large, you could conceivably use him as an Elven Barbarian or Knight variant. The miniature is so cool, its a nice way to have more elves in the party, if you want the elves to fix their own problems in Elethorn.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 9th, 2024, 9:27 pm

If you're talking about the remake there's no issue there. Neither the male elf from the Haslab campaign (who is wearing bulky plate armor) is "bigger" in scale than the other characters. The Barbarian's arms are way bigger than thicker than his. Many of the female elf characters you meet in the remake are female, and hence having them be more slender or lightly built isn't too crazy to accept given what we assume about Elf anatomy in this universe.

Going back to the classic era, the original Elf has a bit of a "long face" but otherwise I don't find him freakishly dissimilar from the other figures at all. Yes, it's true that the 1992 sculpts of the elf warriors and archers do have smaller heads and bodies than this elf hero, but that's an issue with those characters, not the Elf from 1989, I would say. The heroes are just "larger than life" I guess.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous