• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Mage of the Mirror is male or female? (Spanish Translation)

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Mage of the Mirror is male or female? (Spanish Translation)

Postby HispaZargon » December 9th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I need to confirm something about the title of the Elf Quest Pack...

The title "Mage of the Mirror" I guess refers to the Archmage Sinestra... is it correct or does it refer to another character?

The reason behind this simple (and probably quite ignorant-from-my-side) question is that the unofficial widely extended carloschan's fan translation to Spanish of this questpack was titled as "El Mago del Espejo" (you can check in the Inn's archive here), which assumes the Mage of the Mirror is a male character instead of a female one like the Archmage... That problem does not happen in English language since Mage is a neutral word but in Spanish we have different words depending on the gender: Mago means male magician and Maga means female magician.

Please I need to be sure about the gender of the Mage called in the quespack title because if I am right, the correct translation of the EQP title to Spanish I think should had been "La Maga del Espejo" but, of course after many years there I think I could be wrong.

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by HispaZargon on December 9th, 2021, 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Mage of the Mirror is male or female? (Spanish Translati

Postby Kurgan » December 9th, 2021, 3:23 pm

I assumed it referred to Sinestra (the Elven Archmage; and evil sister of Queen Tellaria), so that's my vote. The Elf hero could be male or female. I haven't played through the entire campaign (we're still stuck in the extremely difficult solo quests), but I seem to remember several things and people appearing in magic mirrors, but the one who controls it is probably meant to be female. Story spoilers, obviously.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » December 9th, 2021, 3:33 pm

According to Mentor's introduction letter Archmage Sinestra is the evil sister of Terrellia, the Queen of the Elven kingdom.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » December 9th, 2021, 3:46 pm

Thanks... Sinestra of course is female, the doubt I have is the Mage of the title, if he/she is Sinestra or not, but I see you think like me about it so unfortunately it seems the translation to Spanish of the title may not be correct.
Last edited by HispaZargon on December 9th, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » December 9th, 2021, 5:04 pm

Sotiris wrote:According to Mentor's introduction letter Archmage Sinestra is the evil sister of Terrellia, the Queen of the Elven kingdom.

Oops, not sure why I referred to her as Tellaria. Sounded like the Remake word substitution function... j/k |_P

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » October 24th, 2022, 4:55 pm

As said here, fortunately Hasbro has finally confirmed the title of the expansion will be the correct one in Spanish, "La Maga del Espejo".

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » October 25th, 2022, 8:51 am

Asides from the Alchemist the only other noteworthy evil Character is Tormuk. Neither Sinestra, nor any other evil character that I'm aware of is proclaimed the be an Archmage. But considering the fact that she's the main villain you fight with multiple spells at her disposal at the end; And you need to go through the Mirror/Portal to find her; and the fact that her main room comes with a huge mirror on the backdrop, it seems like a clear indication that this is the mage you seek.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to The Mage of the Mirror